Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

For those who do not have a functioning Vaio Update 3, I see that the long awaitied VCCU Version : 2.2.01.04100 is available today on the AR31S download page at Vaio-Link Support

Haven't tried it yet and not sure if the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 needs installing as well !!!

:slight_smile:

Edit: New link to VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.1.04100 - Use SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE

Also we have attached the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 below..

58 REPLIES 58
Googol
Visitor

Hi everyone. Sorry, but no solution to the install problem, just another 'me too'!

Tried installing version 2.2.01.04100, starts to decompress the files, then the window disappears and the program terminates. However, if I re-install the previous version (2.1 I think), that installs just fine. If I then install version 2.2 I get a dialogue asking me if I wish to uninstall the software. I click Yes and the program continues. If I then run version 2.2 installer again I get the same problem, program terminates after a few seconds. Any ideas.

Paul_Humphreys
Visitor

Why don't any of the links in the thread to download the software work?

Pal

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

If the VCCU Update 2.2.01.04100 is available for your Vaio it should be listed in the download section for your Vaio on the Vaio-Link site, select your Vaio model from the list..

Also find attached below the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812..

lumux87
Visitor

HI i have just Bought a sony TZ11xn and i am having simliar problems with the inbuilt motion eye. What patch do i need to download to get it working all the time

Thanks Andy

Mano10000
New

Hi All,

welcome to Club vaio.. :slight_smile:

If the VCCU Update 2.2.01.04100 is available for your Vaio it should be listed in the download section for your Vaio on the Vaio-Link site, select your Vaio model from the list..

Also find attached below the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812..

Running Vista Home Premium on an AR31M. The first time I ever used the notebook the camera worked. Never did after that, always claiming "another software is using the camera" (full marks to Sony for grammatical error messages...). Then I found this patch and the hotfix. Installed both. This time, the camera worked on two separate occasions (whoopie!). Now I am back to having the same problem (claiming another program is using the camera). I guarantee I have never used the camera for anything other than the basic VAIO Camera Capture Utility.

Any ideas? How can I determine what process the software (erroneously) thinks is using the camera so I can terminate that?

Much obliged...

iansomm
Visitor

I am desperate to restore the motioncam to my VAIO SZ1XP/C, having lost the camera after installing Vista a few months ago. I have tried the MS hotfix, but I get a message stating that the update 'only applys to Vista' (which I have!), and the VAIO update won't run or install either.
Surely there MUST be a fix for this! It's ridiculous that Sony cannot help us properly.

Can anyone provide a simple step-by-step list of steps that I can take to restore my camera??

iansomm
Visitor

Hi,
a basic question - do I 'run' or 'save' the downloads, and if I choose 'save', what location do I save it to in my PC?
thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would download the Vaio Camera Capture Utility Update 2.2.01.04100 direct from the Vaio-Link server here: -

SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe

It doesn't matter where you download it to as long as you can find it to run the SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE file. Something like c:\temp would do.

Just to recap generally on these camera problems!!!

If you have a Vaio newly released with Vista as the installed OS from January 2007 (VGN-FE41 VGN-AR31 VGN-SZ4 etc) then: -

1. Check you have the updated Vaio Camera Capture Utility 2.2.01.04100 installed.
2. Check you have the Microsoft Hotfix KB932812 installed.
3. Try reinstalling your camera driver at C:\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC?\ and double-click on DPInst32.EXE

If this does not work or you have a model which is new after Vista was released (VGN-FZ VGN-AR41 VGN-SZ5 etc) and your camera gives the message that it is "in use by another application", try reinstalling the Camera Driver as in 3. above. If no success then this is still an outstanding Vista problem between the camera driver writers and Vista's 'User Account Control'. The only known temporary solution to make your camera work is to disable UAC in Vista.

To disable User Account Control: -

Press the Windows key on the left of your keyboard and press R

Type in the command
MSCONFIG
and press OK -> Continue.

Open the Tab “Tools” and scroll down to ‘Disable UAC’ and click Launch. At the black screen, click OK and restart your Vaio.

I should point out that UAC is a security feature incorporated into Vista and disabling this may make your Vaio less secure. This has to be your choice but it will probably fix the camera!

:wink:

sfhn
Visitor

I've experienced this problem since day one. First the MSFT kb update worked. But on a new Vista install this time around it didn't.

Well guess what, I discovered in the registry the program 'VAIO Camera Utility' loads at startup.

It's located in the expected location:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

Delete the VAIO Camera Utility Key or if you are not comfortable in the registry, just go to start and run (or 'start search') and type msconfig enter. Then under the startup tab uncheck the VAIO Camera Utility.

So the camera was actually being hogged by this program / service. Now that that's no longer in the startup, my problem was immediately solved, without an update or msft hotfix!

Hope this helps you as well !!!!!

soewana
Visitor

Hi...
I got a problem with Vaio camera cap Utility Version (VGN-FE41S) , and I can make camera, but I can't make a movie record,......... HELP me ..please

It was come out this ...

Movie recording failed.
There may not be sufficient free disk space or your computer may have
become unstable.
If you find no problem with the disk space and the problem persists,
Please restart your computer

THANKS FOR ... Help