Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

For those who do not have a functioning Vaio Update 3, I see that the long awaitied VCCU Version : 2.2.01.04100 is available today on the AR31S download page at Vaio-Link Support

Haven't tried it yet and not sure if the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 needs installing as well !!!

:slight_smile:

Edit: New link to VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.1.04100 - Use SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE

Also we have attached the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 below..

58 REPLIES 58
jeffer
Visitor

I've just tried it, it doesn't work. It made it worse in fact. I can't get my camera to start at ALL now even after a restart. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

KB931812?

:thinking:

jeffer
Visitor

Ah, I wasn't aware of this Microsoft hotfix. I've just uninstalled the Camera Utility to try and fix the webcam, with no joy. MSN says no camera or in use.

Will try installing the MS patch, and then put CU back on.

Thanks, will let you know how it goes in a minute.

jeffer
Visitor

Installed the MS fix, but can't get Camera Utility back on. The install seems to crash half way through.

Where can I find the original Camera Utility installer on my Vaio?

Supposed to be in C:/Utils, but I don't have this folder. :slight_frown:

It's gone from bad to worse.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It is probably an 'Update Only' not a full install.

You can download the Preinstalled Utilities for the AR31S from Sony Support AR31S

Or you can find VCCU Version : 2.0.00.13100 from the AR21S Vista Upgrade Site.

:wink:

davemee
Visitor

My daily vaio update was rewarded with this one... previously, camera would work once, if at all, then demand a full shutdown-restart cycle before playing again. Very happy to confirm the camera capture app works, just recorded some WMV with it at 640x480 30fps(nicely impressive bandwidth for a casemounted camera). Checked a few flash sites after that to confirm that it could survive a driver close and restart, which it did fine. I didn't need to install any other fixes for this, but I did have to perform an unmentioned reboot for it to work as I've described. (Fair enough, first time all week, vista's pretty stable).

Running UK AR31S with shipped Vista Home Premium.

Sorry that you're having trouble, Jeffer. I could never get the memory card reader patch to install (file size errors) until I downloaded from another IP range... Try biting the bullet and do it on a cold restart, with *nothing* else running, then shutdown immediately after...?

jeffer
Visitor

Thanks for the replies.

I installed the MS Hotfix. I have downloaded the utils.zip from the support site and reinstalled Camera Utility. Then I patched it to 2.2.

So fully patched up with all updates, and camera seems to be working!

Hopefully it will keep on working!

Fingers crossed.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Let's hope so Jeffer - we have been waiting since Vista day 1 for it!

As you say - fingers crossed but it does seem to work OK.

fldq
Visitor

Let's hope so Jeffer - we have been waiting since Vista day 1 for it!

Right, but this is an update for the standalone application and not a driver for the camera, correct? I was under the impression that it is a driver issue..

And this update doesnot update the cam driver, only the Camera Capture Utility..

I have a clean install on my vaio FE41S and this Update Capture Utility doesn't do anything since I have not installed Sony's Capture Utility.