Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

For those who do not have a functioning Vaio Update 3, I see that the long awaitied VCCU Version : 2.2.01.04100 is available today on the AR31S download page at Vaio-Link Support

Haven't tried it yet and not sure if the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 needs installing as well !!!

:slight_smile:

Edit: New link to VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.1.04100 - Use SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE

Also we have attached the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 below..

58 REPLIES 58
pippo561
Visitor

3 months for a fix to this camera problem, well at list is working on my FE41S now, no need for other hot fix from MS, unless it’s been done on the auto update of Vista.

The installation reported an error but clicking the ignore button and after a few second it installed successfully.

Edit:
After a restart the problem reappeared, I have now applied the KB931812 and its working again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I had to install the Microsoft Hotfix before I could get the camera to work with Skype.

I think I would install it anyway - it is obviously needed for some applications.

:wink:

Matty261990
Visitor

Will I have to follow these steps on my new FE41E Vaio ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes Matty - the Camera Utility should download automatically if you go to Vaio Update3.

If not you can download it from HERE

Polojoe
Visitor

It finally works !!!!! after three months.

The update of the utility did not fix the problem but after also installing the msft hotfix it all works fine.

I have a VGN-SZ4VWN

No more restarts to use the camera.

Thanks to everybody who has contributed to solving this problem over the past three months.

profile.country.es_ES.title
Guido_P
Visitor

I got the same problem with my FE41M, installed the MS patch, re-installed the VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.01.04100 from Vaio-Link, but it starts the instalation.. and doesn´t finish it. :slight_frown:
Do i have to remove the instalation from the installed devices?

thanks for the comments and help!!

Guido :smileygrin:

Guido_P
Visitor

Here´s the issue.
When trying to install update "SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe" (VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.01.04100 27/04/2007 9.2 MB), that Vaio-Link tells me to install... i got the always welcomed Vista Home Premium window "this program needs your permission to continue..." i click on "continue" and it starts the installation as usual with the "Installshield wizard", but... (here comes the problem)... looks like it´s de-compressiong... and just dissapears.

Any ideas ? How come did it work with all the other guys?

thanks!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Guido.

Are you following the instructions? You have to double-click on SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe TWICE. The first time to Uninstall the old version - then when it is finished, double-click on SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe AGAIN to install the new version.

VAIO Camera Capture Utility Version 2.2.01.04100

This update resolves an issue where the VAIO Camera Capture Utility may not work correctly until you restart it.

Download and Installation
1. Download the update and save it to a download directory.
2. Close all running programs.
3. Go to the download directory and double-click SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe to start the installation.
4. Click, if prompted, Continue at the User Account Control dialog box.
5. Wait while setup uninstalls the existing software.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above to install the new software.

Guido_P
Visitor

Hello Blencogo,
thanks for your quick answer, i am sorry to tell you that it doesn´t work, i don´t have anything previously installed for the Camera Capture, and once i continue from teh User Account Control, i don´t get anything else apart from the sympthoms i said before.

Any ideas?

thanks!

VaioNuvolari
Visitor

I have installed the MS fix, then the Camera 2.2, everything was ok during installation.
But both in Windows Live Messenger and Skype, even if the cam is working under the option pages (when I enters here the cam get on), the cam is not working (remain off) while I'm in chat. For example in MSN does not appear at all the "cam icon" near to my avatar. :cry:

In what am I wrong? :smileyblush:
In few words how can I turn on the camera to use it with MSN or Skype?
Please, help.

P.S.: I have an AR31S