Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

For those who do not have a functioning Vaio Update 3, I see that the long awaitied VCCU Version : 2.2.01.04100 is available today on the AR31S download page at Vaio-Link Support

Haven't tried it yet and not sure if the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 needs installing as well !!!

:slight_smile:

Edit: New link to VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.1.04100 - Use SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE

Also we have attached the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 below..

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I see there is a new VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.03.11150 available for download for the AR31-Series.

This is worth a try even though it does not pretend to fix this specific problem.

If it still does not work, contact the official Sony Support number and open a case with them.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
pchow_uk
New

I've got a UX1 and had similar problems with the VCCU. It would record still pix but when you tried to set it to movie mode it sat there saying there was "no input" or sometimes a pop-up that said "failed to initialise the camera - check if another app is using it" (I'm paraphrasing the message). I uninstalled the VCCU and re-installed v2.0 from the original utilities pack I downloaded and that worked. Then I applied the 2.2 and 2.4 updates (curiously the UX1 2.4 update is dated *older* than the 2.2). It still works.

It's definitely worth trying to re-install the base image version and patch up from there. It seems sometimes the patches don't work properly even though they are two phase ones (where on the first pass it uninstalls *some* of VCCU and on the second it installs the new bits). The tell-tale is that the original installer is about 12MB and the patches are 9MB so it was something in the base package that broke on my UX1 and the patches didn't re-install or update those bits, so made no difference...

subsea-projects
Visitor

Can anyone help here please?
I have a Sony VGN-TZ1MN, one of the reasons I bought it was for the camera which not working. When I try o start it up it just hangs and says its "not installed". Anyone any ideas pls?

Shohidul
Visitor

Hi,

I've just bought fz21m and did a vaio update. vaio camera capture utility was v2.5, then after the update it became v2.7.
vaio update also installed the MS hotfix kb932812(i think it is). but my camera doesn't work. didnt try the camera before the update so not sure if it worked in the first place.

help!!? pls.

xXaurajXx
Visitor

Hi guys,
Ive had the same problems as most people!!!

I let my LAPTOP do the vaio do it's updates like normal, and it did the camera capture utility. After it finished it had dissappeared!!!!!!!!

I have followed all the steps that you guys have provided already, and absolutly nothing has happend :thinking: ....

MY notebook is the VGN-FE41M

Can anybody help me please!?????

lil_diamond
Visitor

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem. My camera was working perfectly until today when I tried to use it. I dont know if I did an update but I'm sure I probably did as I automatically do any updates Sony suggest as I trust their expertise. But my version is now v2.7. Now when I try and start my camera it says:

"An attempt to initialize the camera failed. Please check if another software is using the camera." even though it isnt being used and the finder view turns blue.

I have a vgn-fz 21s and had to fork out a grand for it. To say I am mad is an understatement.

I've tried everything possible but it just says the same thing. Isn't there anything at all that can be done to fix this problem?

Please, please help as I'm starting to obsess about this :angry:

neof1z
Visitor

I have the same problem with you.My laptop is fz21m.Just use the old work fine.By the way i have clear install of vista sp1 rtm.

DaRudE
Visitor

Similar problem here with my FZ21S..cant believe sony can be soo lazy in coming up with a permanent fix for this issue or Microsoft or Windows (whoever's responsible).

I initially had this problem when I bought it 1.5 mnths ago, installed the latest updates and everything and it started working fine. GOOD ENOUGH for then!

But, now after a month I start the application VCCU and its the same thing again (blue screen, no input, cant initialize..). :devil: Upon checking, no pending updates, never even dared to tamper with the system in any way that would have screwed up the camera...arghh help somebody pleasee!! :slight_frown:

bnone
Visitor

i bought vgn sr39vn and the camera doesnt work on the msn messenger and the rest.
and couldnt find that utility. i paid about 1000 pounds. all i get is this. i dont understand how you sell this technology doing without anything???