Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version : 2.2.01.04100

For those who do not have a functioning Vaio Update 3, I see that the long awaitied VCCU Version : 2.2.01.04100 is available today on the AR31S download page at Vaio-Link Support

Haven't tried it yet and not sure if the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 needs installing as well !!!

:slight_smile:

Edit: New link to VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.1.04100 - Use SOACCU-01363004-UN.EXE

Also we have attached the Microsoft Hotfix KB931812 below..

58 REPLIES 58
kbinbkk
Visitor

I have folowed the steps suggested in this thread. I have a VGN-FE41E and have installed the MS upgrade KB931812 and the VCCU update but the camera will only work on Skype, not Messenger. I fully close Skype but MSN still states that it cannot open the camera because it is in use by another program. These Sony problems are driving me nuts. Does anyone have a solution to this? Many thanks

tabone
Visitor

Just tried your advice, unfortunately no success. My Vaio is a 41M, yesterday the camera was working fine with the original installation, also on VSee webconferencing. Today I have added the Adobe pre-installations, a bluetooth headset (to stop the strong echo that I get in VOIP when I use the built-in microphone), and connected to my home network.

I never got the bluetooth headset to work (the Vaio finds it, but afterwards there is an error warning that the association with Skype could not be made - even after removing all Skype studs), and to make matters worse the camera now fails completely in all apps. Have done the hotfix and the camera capture upgrade - to no avail.

Has anyone got a tip what I should try next?

tabone
Visitor

Ok, I tried again. This time the radical solution:

1) run full restore (preparing disk, setup Vista, load upgrades, prepare applications)_> the camera now worked again.
2) install hotfix -> camera still working
3) went to Vaio support site and installed all 5 automatic upgrades. The first 4 upgrades went ok, during the fifth upgrade (camera capture 2.02..) the installation stopped with the message "device not ready" and wouldn't restart. -> there was no camera capture anymore as the installation was aborted and apparently the camera stopped working.

Now I'm even more in trouble as the last automatic upgrade is no longer offered. Any bright ideas? I need a break....
___________________________________________________________________________________
Update next morning: Success!
:slight_smile:
I went to the Vaio support center -> downloads -> camera capture and downloaded from there the version 2.2. After running this installation manually the camera worked and keeps on working ever since (well, at least a few hours and a couple of additional installations later)!! Just to check, I went back to the previously downloaded automatic update to confirm that with this version the camera failed again.

My conclusion: the download of camera capture from the automatic update must have been faulty (????).

So far. so good. Unfortunately now my son who has a similar 41M where everything went well in the beginning now experiences the same problem.... :devil:

profile.country.en_GR.title
efpanay
New

thanks a lot 2.2 works!

cadrega
Visitor

Hi Guido.

Are you following the instructions? You have to double-click on SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe TWICE. The first time to Uninstall the old version - then when it is finished, double-click on SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe AGAIN to install the new version.

VAIO Camera Capture Utility Version 2.2.01.04100

This update resolves an issue where the VAIO Camera Capture Utility may not work correctly until you restart it.

Download and Installation
1. Download the update and save it to a download directory.
2. Close all running programs.
3. Go to the download directory and double-click SOACCU-01363004-UN.exe to start the installation.
4. Click, if prompted, Continue at the User Account Control dialog box.
5. Wait while setup uninstalls the existing software.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above to install the new software.

:wink:

Hi blencogo, I followed all your istructions but the install process is still shutting down a few second after the decompressing process. I have a Vaio VGN SZ4VN and Vista home business on it.
The current version of software is 2.2.01.4030

I hope you will help me to find a solution...Thank you anyway...

bobeasy
Visitor

i had the same prob , my camera stopped working , all i did was , click start local C , drivers , camera , VGP-VCC4 , then clicked on the install folder and all works fine now

escape1978
Visitor

hi!does this version work with the camera VCC1 on fe31m?
i meen that i tried and does't work. i run vista ultimate GR
thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
jagsjohn
Visitor

I have the same problem, but using AR21M,,,is there a hotfix for this model

theworldman
Visitor

I have the same problem, FE41E is my model, I can not open my camera since few days...
An other program may use your camera you should close it before!! that's the message...
What can I do, please hel^p
Thank you very for you answer

Geosphere
Visitor

Hi,
I have a VAIO VGN-FZ11S.. new notebook.. and the camera isn't working. I tried to download the patch... but the website seems to be closed. Also I was not able to get the hotfix from MS.
Do you know where I can get this update?
I se the camera in my device manager under "Imaging devices". I already tried the USB power hub settings, but nothing is working.. "blue screen" into the VAIO camera capture utility.

Driver details: version 6.1008.207.0
Upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium to Vista Premium...

Thanks!

Update: Hey guys. I have found a solution. Just re-install the driver (click file DPInst.exe from the drivers/camera folder). You get the message that the driver cannot be updated, but after I have done this, it worked :party: