Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad1

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

The above tv keeps getting the WiFi not connected pop up after installing Oreo. Lots of people reporting same issue on other forums and other Sony TVs too. Not sure if connected but most people with XF9005 have a Sky Q hub. Can it please be looked in to. 

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @nedgould,

I suggest you first try a FDR. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.Then verify if the issues are resolved. If not, then I suggest you disable IPv6 on your home router and disable auto service update in your TV under digital programs tuning.

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

Well mines starting to get message again and  started to drop wifi connection so update not working. Have no problem with my older Sony tv upstairs. This has only started since oreo update.

Tal.hayon062
Explorer

Hi ,I got the same issue too

Updated my software to 8.0 version and got disconnected from wi fi suddenly.the wi fi can detect again just after restart the TV.

What solution do you have ? 

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

The latest software version 6545 has not solved the network issues. I have
a Sky router with a cabled LAN connection to the TV. This drops out almost
daily. The wifi is the same!

Very disappointed.
profile.country.GB.title
Craggles123
Explorer

Hello. The sky issue never got resolved for me either. I had to change to Vodafone broadband and the issue never occured again.Hope this helps.Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
profile.country.GB.title
Johnnierichie
Explorer

Same problem here with me, Sony sent me a very long list of things to check. I have responded to their email but they are not getting back to me. I also have Sky Q hub. There was no problem with disconnect until the Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
Pete0001

Yeah they have sent me a long list. They always do even though it's the
same and only problem I keep sending them. Sky q hub as well
profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Hi all, 

After nine months of suffering with a TV that goes through the full startup sequence every time you wake it from standby, sometimes will not turn on at all and that constantly drops the network connection either over WiFi or Ethernet, I am pleased to report that Sony finally agreed to a return of my TV.  

I was getting sick of being repeatedly told by customer services that a software update that would fix all my problems was only a few weeks away.

Hopefully Sony are beginning to learn that they cannot get away with providing a low quality OS and cheap networking hardware when someone has spent a lot of money on a top of the range TV.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hope you got a cashback . The problems you had were surely related to your unit since there are plenty of TVs with the same os out there and they are working. Enjoy your new tv and good luck

profile.country.GB.title
ancaise

i’d posted my reply to this months ago. Another router the network was my issue