Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad1

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

The above tv keeps getting the WiFi not connected pop up after installing Oreo. Lots of people reporting same issue on other forums and other Sony TVs too. Not sure if connected but most people with XF9005 have a Sky Q hub. Can it please be looked in to. 

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Tigermad1,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! So could you clarify if what you mean is that the TV doesn't actually  disconnect from your wireless router at all, but still shows a "Wi-Fi is not connected" pop-up message on a regular interval?

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad71

@dutchice wrote:

Hi @Tigermad1,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! So could you clarify if what you mean is that the TV doesn't actually  disconnect from your wireless router at all, but still shows a "Wi-Fi is not connected" pop-up message on a regular interval?

Cheers,

Dutchice

Hi. That’s correct and still happening. Was fine for over a month and has now come back. 

profile.country.GB.title
Craggles123
Explorer

I also have this issue straight after the Oreo update. Wifi constantly diconnects and then will only reconnect once the TV has been unplugged and switch back on.

This only started to happen after the update.

It happens on average every hour, causes major issues when streaming from YouTube,  Netflix and Amazon Prime. To confirm, it is not the router as all other devices remain connected.

profile.country.GB.title
Ainsley001

That happening on my xf9005 since the Oreo update as well

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

After such an important update, a factory reset is suggested.

You can try restarting Android TV by keeping the Power button on the remote control pressed, but it may not be enough.

Consider the possibility of changing the Channel to Wi-Fi, choose one that is not very crowded between 1, 6 or 11. Give the TV a static IP.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

I have exactly the same problem with my XF9005 too. 

Since updating to Oreo, the wi-fi randomly disconnects during use and it flashed up "Your TV is now connected to the internet" when it has been connected the whole time. 

Also, since updating to Oreo, I have found that the TV will regularly not wake from standby and I have to turn if off and on at the plug.  Other forums suggest this may be an issue with the wi-fi too.

Router is near the TV and I have no problem with any other devices.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @nedgould,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community!

In the following weeks your TV will receive an over-the-air update to rectify the WiFi issues you are encountering. So make sure you have the Automatic Update option set to [Enabled] in your TV settings menu. 

Regarding the TV crashing in standby mode and thus not responding to the power ON command, I’m afraid the reason is due to the (non Android TV) apps you have probably side-loaded on your TV. Remove those apps and verify if the issue is resolved. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Hi Dutchice

I have no side loaded apps on the TV. 

In fact I have just done a factory reset to try and fix the wifi and power issues but it didn't help.

Now it is still not working, I am just arranging to return the TV to the vendor for a full refund. 

Regards,

Ned

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Ned,

Certain external devices are also known to be the other cause for the crash in standby mode. So you can test to verify if the issue is resolved by removing all USB and HDMI connected devices to your TV. You can gradually start connecting your devices one at a time afterwards.

Cheers,

Dutchice