Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad1

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

The above tv keeps getting the WiFi not connected pop up after installing Oreo. Lots of people reporting same issue on other forums and other Sony TVs too. Not sure if connected but most people with XF9005 have a Sky Q hub. Can it please be looked in to. 

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Hi Dutchice,

The external devices that are connected (Sonos Beam and Samsung UHD player) all worked fine before the Oreo update.  If they are causing problems now, then that is an issue with the new software. 

Regards,

Ned

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

HI Dutchice, 

Has it been confirmed by Sony that an update will be recevied in a few weeks?  Or could we end up waiting for a while?

Thanks,

Ned

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Ned,

The update has already been published on the support page of your TV since this morning. However the OTA update will be a staging process which means that it will take a few weeks before all TV’s in the UK receive the update.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

@dutchice wrote:

Hi Ned,

The update has already been published on the support page of your TV since this morning. However the OTA update will be a staging process which means that it will take a few weeks before all TV’s in the UK receive the update.

Cheers,

Dutchice

Hi

I've had exactly the same problem since Oreo EXCEPT mines wired ethernet, (the wireless is turned off) and it randomely displays the message "Ethernet disconnected", and if I'm say watching Netflix when it does this I have to reboot the TV to get it back, if I'm watching normal TV and the message comes up, usually by the time I use onme of the things requiring the network, it's come back up by it's self. 

Will give the updatye a try, but the update notes say 

• Improves Wi-Fi connectivity with certain routers

and doesn't mention wired ethernet.

profile.country.GB.title
nedgould

Please let us know if the update solves your problem.  Thanks, Ned

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @pjo456,

May I ask what TV model do you have? I am aware of the issue you describe and also can confirm that the issue has been under investigation. But I will need to verify what the status of the investigation is at the moment. The latest I know is that the data collection process has been underway.

So as you correctly mention yourself, your issue is different than what @nedgould is encountering and this update may most probably not be addressing your issue. Since your issue is known to be as the “Network is disconnected” pop-up. 

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

@dutchice wrote:

Hi @pjo456,

May I ask what TV model do you have? I am aware of the issue you describe and also can confirm that the issue has been under investigation. But I will need to verify what the status of the investigation is at the moment. The latest I know is that the data collection process has been underway.

So as you correctly mention yourself, your issue is different than what @nedgould is encountering and this update may most probably not be addressing your issue. Since your issue is known to be as the “Network is disconnected” pop-up. 

Cheers,

Dutchice 

Hi

I have the Kd49xf9005bu

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @pjo456,

Thanks. I totally forgot to ask you the current firmware revision of your TV. 

As as a side note I also suggest you look in your router settings to find the option to disable IPv6 for the LAN/wired clients. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

@dutchice wrote:

Hi @pjo456,

Thanks. I totally forgot to ask you the current firmware revision of your TV. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

It's now PKG6 6520 0252EUA

Before I upgraded yesterday, not sure of exact number but it was 6510

I have noticed a difference.  When I went onto youtube this morning, once I clicked on it, a message came up saying either (cant remember) internet now connected, or ethernet now connected, so the latest update is doing someting differently.

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

Since the 6520 update, my wired lan hasn't lost connection at all.

Thanks