Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
Tigermad1

XF9005 WiFi disconnect after Oreo

The above tv keeps getting the WiFi not connected pop up after installing Oreo. Lots of people reporting same issue on other forums and other Sony TVs too. Not sure if connected but most people with XF9005 have a Sky Q hub. Can it please be looked in to. 

77 REPLIES 77
profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

Duplicate reply

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

Since disabling IPV6 on the LAN side I haven't seen a drop out. Still
running on a cable at the moment with wifi switched off.
profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

If that works, why doesn't Sony disable IPV6 in their firmware?

My VPN that I use on my PC and my Ipad, connects through  IPV6 hence it needs to remain enabled in my router

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i have just received a e-mail from customer support asking me to reverse the ipv6  change asit is no longer neccesary they say the are planning to release a software update so the problen was the tv all along

profile.country.GB.title
pauegert8
Explorer

Have they told you what the version number is?
profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

no they just told me the engineers are working on it so that it could be long enough before they realese it so much for them denying there was a fault on the tv

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

Also have the issue! the problem is that I cannot turn back on the WIFI toggle in the settings after this happens, which forces me to do a reboot to solve the issue, very annoying! Sony please solve this issue !!

Btw my router is Vodafone super fast broadband 

profile.country.GB.title
Arididit
Explorer

Any news on this? I’ve had this issue throughout this pandemic , when I probably need my tv the most, feel really let down by Sony! An issue they’ve known about since Beginning of year and here we are in June still awaiting a fix. If not fixed at least give us a downgrade back to previous version of OS!!!

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

there is still no news from sony i have phoned them e-mailed them but they keep coming back with the same answer that there engineers are looking at it

profile.country.GB.title
pjo456

I got the following email from Sony on 12 June

------------------------------------

Thank you for your patience.

In reference to your enquiry about your Sony TV, please note that will useyour feeback as we plan on releasing a fix in a future SW update. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,