Join now - be part of our community!

What is your camera option??

kilee
Visitor

What is your camera option??

Hi,

I have been using the camera feature primarily for my princess, but the photo qualtity is not good especially in the night or indoor without enough light. (Comparing with Galaxy S7 and iPhone S6, XZ blure the details.)

I'm using 23MP(4:3) option and also used 8MP(4:3), but couldn't see the difference on the photo quality while many people told me the 8MP is better than 23MP.

Can you share me your option with the reason??

16 REPLIES 16
codetcs
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

The difference between iso 100 and iso 800 will add noise.
Iso 3200+ will blur things.
If compensating with correct shutter speed you shouldn't get blur.
And as I said,,,, and confirmed on the link you posted to correct me.

"The only problem to watch for is this: the higher the ISO setting, the more potential there is for "NOISE," or DIGITAL GRAININESS, to appear in your photo, degrading its sharpness"
kilee
Visitor

@Viridis wrote:
No, higher ISO adds some noise at various levels, higher shutter speed will make things blurry.

I agree with you and ISO will add noise as well as blury, so it is necessary to control the shutter speed even it is difficult to control the shutter speed with proper value...:)

Sailor1
Visitor

Unfortunately we can't control iso setting and shutter speed simultaneously on Xperia xz
kilee
Visitor

Yes you are right and it is not possible to set up the iso and shutter speed simultaneously.

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

This device is not gonna get the photos you want. Manual but you want it right away so not enough time to capture the great moments of your princess even in superior auto with object tracking is not good enough, but Sony has other products for this their a6000 series great for very active princess but until Sony provides updates and improvements for the mobile xperia xz camera. I won't be using it.
ikramkhasim
Visitor

I toyed with several settings while I was photographing the ruins of Angkor. 20MP (16:9) works best for me. 16:9 mainly because I take landscape photos and want the extra width (4:3 crops out the sides a little) and 20MP because the 8MP setting blurs out edges when in bright sunlight (for example the edges of buildings against a bright sky).

For selfies, I use 4:3 at the highest MP for the extra height.