Join now - be part of our community!

Display does not rotate in camera app.

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

Display does not rotate in camera app.

Anyone having issues when rotating screen to view recently taken photos in landscape mode and yes I have the landscape mode enabled. It happens when I take a photo and try to view it in landscape mode but it won't so I have to disable & re-enable landscape just to have it working again. Hope Sony will fix it in future updates.

6 REPLIES 6
Stubb
Visitor

No but i have had issues with screen rotstion while using youtube
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hey @Kaiserjeff1986,

I'm sorry to hear that. For how long has it been like this? Does it happen every time you try to view a photo recently taken in landscape mode? Does the screen rotate when you open images in the Album app instead? 

You can try and see if the same thing happens when your device is rebooted in to safe mode

I would also recommend that you try to clear data for the camera app. Note that this doesn't erase any photos you have taken. To do so, go to: Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data > Ok. 

Let me know if this helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

It also happens with the album app. I have to disable and re-enable the landscape mode.
Didrik
Enthusiast

I see, was there any change after clearing data for the app or rebooting your phone to safe mode? Considering that it also happens with the Album app I would suggest that you clear data for that application as well, note that no images will be deleted by doing so.

Keep me posted!

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

Did that too and yes it does happen, not often on the album app but on the camera app after taking photo and reviewing it. FYI my device is running on the latest updates from Sony and after that I did a factory reset and also using the xperia companion. I did a software repair so my device is default by Sony standard.
Don82
Visitor

Xzs Xzs Adviser

I can confirm that unchecking "Google places history" "fix" this issue.. Settings->places->Google place history

XZS came with the solution a while ago for me.
Try this. It weard but it fix it