Join now - be part of our community!

What is your camera option??

kilee
Visitor

What is your camera option??

Hi,

I have been using the camera feature primarily for my princess, but the photo qualtity is not good especially in the night or indoor without enough light. (Comparing with Galaxy S7 and iPhone S6, XZ blure the details.)

I'm using 23MP(4:3) option and also used 8MP(4:3), but couldn't see the difference on the photo quality while many people told me the 8MP is better than 23MP.

Can you share me your option with the reason??

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I use:

Daytime
23mp, manual, metering multi (or spot for sunsets etc) HDR on, touch focus. ISO 50 or 100

Night time / lower light.
8MP superior auto
Or 8MP manual with ISO up to 400, metering centre, shutter speed variable depending on what image I want.
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Superior Auto:

8mp (16:9)- for general use

20mp (16:9)- for landscape usually anthing when I dont have a "specific" object to shoot

have you tried using the preset scenes on manual mode? just go to manual mode>SCN (note that it only works on 8mp)

Xperia Tutorial Photography

kilee
Visitor

@Viridis wrote:
I use:

Daytime
23mp, manual, metering multi (or spot for sunsets etc) HDR on, touch focus. ISO 50 or 100

8MP superior auto
Or 8MP manual with ISO up to 400, metering centre, shutter speed variable depending on what image I want.

thanks for your comment and you are using manual mode!!

Actually, as I use the camera for my HYPERACTIVE princess, I have to use the automatic mode essencially...:)

But is it possible to configure the HDR and ISO at the same time in the 23MP manual mode? 

kilee
Visitor

@nolramlb wrote:

Superior Auto:

8mp (16:9)- for general use

20mp (16:9)- for landscape usually anthing when I dont have a "specific" object to shoot

have you tried using the preset scenes on manual mode? just go to manual mode>SCN (note that it only works on 8mp)

Xperia Tutorial Photography

Thanks for the opinion.

Yes, I also used the scenes in the option. but it bothers me to change the scenes depends on the situation, so I am using auto mode in most situation.... Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

that princess of yours needs a preset of her own. Slightly_smiling_Face

doesnt the object tracking work on her?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@kilee wrote:

@Viridis wrote:
I use:

Daytime

8MP superior auto

thanks for your comment and you are using manual mode!!

Actually, as I use the camera for my HYPERACTIVE princess, I have to use the automatic mode essencially...:)

But is it possible to configure the HDR and ISO at the same time in the 23MP manual mode? 

You know, I've only just realised it disabled HDR after looking, after reading your post..

All other settings excluding HDR then...

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

For fast, hyperactive kids lol.
Use more emphasis around shutter speed and higher ISO if needed
codetcs
Visitor

higher ISO makes it even more blury

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

No, higher ISO adds some noise at various levels, higher shutter speed will make things blurry.