Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

SOLVED
DarkEyE
Visitor

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

When i restart my Xperia XZ with 7.0, the Clock resets to March 30 1970 3:30 PM. When its online it corrects Date and Time.
Why Clock and Date resets itself at reboot?
62 REPLIES 62
profile.country.DE.title
webwude

I have a strange behavior after update to Android 7. Customization CE1.

When I reboot my phone the time and date is set back to March 1970. After connected to WiFi or cellular it is set correctly. But if I set it flight mode and reboot (even after applying the date and time manually), it is set to 1970.

I already reset the phone but this bug which was definitely was not present in Marshmallow remains.
Is this bug already acknowledged? In a German Android forum we have already three appearances.
Tags (1)
profile.country.DE.title
webwude

Thx.
Dodds
Visitor

Same issue here
kloana
Visitor

Here the same!

regards

Herbert

DarkEyE
Visitor

Still no Update from Sony Officials 😶
Kowentin
Visitor

Hi there,

Same thing here.

Mobile sell by Orange France, since Nougat update, time is reseted at each reboot.

I've found a tip:

disable "prompt for password / pin / scheme..." after reboot will fix this issue... but downgrade the security.

Sony want repair my mobile with RMA, lol, for a software issue.... i really don't beleive they can make someting on hardware...

Team Sony: if you want, I'm able to test any patch / beta etc...

Service Request: 1-29032942753

PS: your backup solution (on windows or direclty xperia) is not working.... it says backup is ok, but unable to restore (because sometime it's an application, or home screen or... it's not working Slightly_frowning_Face )

have a nice day !

LightningStrike
Visitor

Same here
DarkEyE
Visitor

I dont want to offend this Forum, but are here no official's that can clear out if Sony is already working on this Problem? Is there some patch in progress? Its silent nowadays?
_putzmeister_
Visitor

Same Problem here. (brand new XZ, got it yesterday).

39.2.A.0.361

After i turnend off and on again or restarted the phone, the date and time is wrong, Wifi has also problems until i enter the correct date and time....