Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone input issue

JG_1
Visitor

Headphone input issue

When headphones are plugged in sound cannot pass through. It is deffinitely not an issue with the headphones as they work properly on other devices. 

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
Ambride
Visitor

I havet this problem aswell, but on my Z3+, music knep playing from The Phone speakers even if i try to insert my headphones. This problem Only occurs on my Xperia
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@JG_1

Test a different pair of headphones with your device, it might be a compatibility option

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ambride

Check if there's anything inside the port, if not, you can test different headphones or check your device in >>> safe mode or get it inspected by your Local support

Sunking1011
Contributor

My girlfriend's XA is the same. Poor quality AUX jacks.
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

There are a couple of things you can try in order to get this resolved. First of all, as @uliwooly mentioned, try using another headset and also check if there is something inside the headphone jack.

If possible, also try using a Sony original headset as these are the ones we can guarantee full compatability with. I would also recommend that you try rebooting your phone to safe mode in order to rule out any third party applications being behind this.

Should you experience the same thing with your device rebooted to safe mode and you still suspect this to be software related I would advise performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will more or less reinstall the entire phone. Do note that this will also reset your phone and you should make a backup first, it is possible to make a backup using Xperia Companion for example.

Please let me know how it goes!