Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

SOLVED
DarkEyE
Visitor

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

When i restart my Xperia XZ with 7.0, the Clock resets to March 30 1970 3:30 PM. When its online it corrects Date and Time.
Why Clock and Date resets itself at reboot?
62 REPLIES 62
DarkEyE
Visitor

Btw. The System time at 1970 is also ticking up. Its already 4.April there. 😉
DarkEyE
Visitor

I found a workaround for this Problem.
In Settings, Screen Security under PIN I deactivated pin after restart, and everything is alright, just scroll down answered "No Thanks" .

But if i reactivate it the time problem reappeared.

Believe its a BUG in Nougat!
ikramkhasim
Visitor

@darkeye This works, but hopefully doesn't compromise on safety of the device?

Hemloc
Visitor

Just to reiterate what DarkEye has said so far :

1. Yes, after updating to 7.0 the clock resets to some strange dates, was 01 January 1970, now lately to 01 February 1970. So seems to be increasing over time.

2. No, Safe mode makes no difference.

3. No, I cannot test Repair because it does not work (another issue I will have to ask about).

4. Not asking for the Security check on restart (whichever preferred method you choose) does fix the date problem. I don't see this as a compromise as this is a new feature not there before, meaning all old software works fine without it, it just seemed like a nice addition.

Anyway, thanks DarkEye for figuring out the problem Slightly_smiling_Face

DarkEyE
Visitor

Thanks Hemloc for putting all research about this Bug together. Thats finally all. Point 3. Software repair im not willed to do. I dont believe it will fix this Problem. Because People from Concept for Xperia X have the same issue if they check the clock when they go to emergency call while booting up. Android 7.0 have this Bug also there. 😉
Kailash_1990
Visitor

Is there any news about this BUG? How to solve this?

Anyhow, ive noticed some batterij drain issues aswell after updating to 7.0

But thats off-topic...
RiaanK
Visitor

The time next to battery icon, in the top, right corner was different to the time widget on my home screen.

When I restarted my phone both clocks adjusted to the same time again.
Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@RiaanK

Keep us updated if you experience the same issue

RiaanK
Visitor

This issue only happened today, I updated to Android Nougat yesterday.
DarkEyE
Visitor

Point Nr. 4: Not asking for the Security check on restart (whichever preferred method you choose) does fix the date problem. But on cost of security.
But its just a workaround.

Battery is even better. So not here.