Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

adamlee2014
Contributor

Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

Rolling out right now.  thanks SonyScreenshot_20161201-075845.png

98 REPLIES 98
adamlee2014
Contributor

No bugs in nougat. Use the pc companion to update as it will be better update. My battery is great after a few days after installing
gouthi8
Visitor

I observed a crash when I download an image from the internet/browser, open the image from the popup(which says image downloaded). Album is stopped/crashed was the message.

100rabh
Visitor

I just repaired my phone via pc companion ... I feel the battery is lasting a bit longer .... 

Cavok100
Visitor

any changes for the long outstanding camera overheating issue with this update?

fetch93
Visitor

My xz with Android 7 is so buggy and slowly. It feels like my old z3 is faster and more stability. I have no crashes but sometimes it takes so long to react.
adamlee2014
Contributor

My album also crashes when I download an image and try open it with album. Done a software repair too and it hasn't helped
Sunking1011
Contributor

At the end of the day the XZ has close to 12 month old flagship specs but we think of it as being a couple of months old. I think it stands to reason that it will perform better on Marshmallow but I hope to be proven wrong...
Plus Android 7.0 is bound to have bugs. The Pixel is on 7.1 so why are we getting the buggy first version of Nougat?
100rabh
Visitor

Be thankful we are getting Android N .... i think Sony has done a decent job here ... 

I have for one not encountered any such bugs ..... yeah the only thing  i can complain about is ... they should've improved few things ppl here are complaining about 

Sunking1011
Contributor

So can those who have updated to 7.0 confirm that their phone is exactly as swift as it was on 6.0.1? The UI is just as swift, opening apps is just as rapid and there is no perceivable lag anywhere? Also, have any bugs been noticed since updating? Finally can you confirm that battery life is no worse than before? Thanks.
100rabh
Visitor

Everything is same or better... It's really smooth and i feel the performance just got better

Battery life is better than MM.. No bugs as of now for me

One of the best thing is having a night mode toggle in quick toggles... It's not by default have to be activated though