adamlee2014
Contributor

Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

Rolling out right now.  thanks SonyScreenshot_20161201-075845.png

98 REPLIES 98
Sunking1011
Contributor

Pixel phones got 7.1.1 today and yet some of us are still waiting for 7.0
Will Sony be rolling out 7.1.1 at some point soon, or is 7.0 the best we can hope for?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Pixel is made as a Google owned device so will be first in line for any updates, it's always been this way
Sunking1011
Contributor

Yeah I know but we're still waiting for software that was released months ago. It isn't new features we want, just stability. Nougat has had several bug fixes since it was released and yet the buggy 7.0 still hasn't filtered down to non-Pixel handsets. There's no excuse for that.
codetcs
Visitor

camera software also needs a fundamental update as it takes blurry photos..

SDR1970
Contributor

I'm from the UK & just received nougat update this morning. My phone is sim free btw.
100rabh
Visitor

I've read all the forums including Sony XZ Xda ..... Please pass this to the Sony team for 7.1.1 or any future updates

1) Low Speaker volume - ( please increase the speaker volume)

2)Camera - Post processing not upto the mark , It gives a feeling RGB  n IR sensors are not properly utilisted 

3) Priority mode to keep certain apps running in the background just like Samsung

4)Stamina Mode - It makes the phone sluggish ..need to improve when it is on Balanced mode

5)Switching sims reboots phone ? - Sony its 2k16 😕

I would really like to see improvements in these fields 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@100sailo

This is a user based forum, don't forget to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

MikhailSovA
Visitor

New phone app, that came with nougat update, have no any filters or customization tools for it phone book. So the phone book in this app looks like a big list, which is contain on 50-70% of useless information (such as e-mails, repeating titles from different accounts, closed groups contacts etc.)
In same time Contact app have some filters & tools, and so it looks differ than phone book list in Phone app.
Why? How it can be explained? Patch needed👆
Jure001
Visitor

I don't know why are they keep messing around with that Head Up notification?! They fixed it on Marshmallow and now on Nougat it's the same! Whatsapp perhaps, messages keeps pops up even if they are turned off in the app settings. You have 3 options: show only wapp sign in the notification bar, turn them off completely or turn everything on. Neither one is good for me. On the other side, on Viber you can get the sound and notification icon only. So annoying

ABS4978x
Visitor

Still nothing in Singapore, been trying to get the update...