Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

adamlee2014
Contributor

Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

Rolling out right now.  thanks SonyScreenshot_20161201-075845.png

98 REPLIES 98
Kenji88
Visitor

After major update, things or features have some minor issues that can be lead to major problems in other owners of this unit/model. I experience some hotspot distortion (tethering error), draining battery so fast but just occasionally (sometimes), notifications not displaying in my apps plus general sounds getting mute except alarm and playing music but actually vibrating. Some other apps getting issues like incidents in diagnostics settings, they recommending to uninstall and re-install it, but it's just repeating again and again (i'm so tired of getting re-install apps like messenger, snapchat, chrome). Messenger always restarting or not responding when recording video 😕. My last complaint is the battery usage of the main camera apps, it's just so fast to drain juice of the battery, it beats the web surfing XD.

I'm looking forward to fix all of this in next update please Sony, We are begging to fix issues like this or fix it all. Thank you. Hoping for a better performance 😊
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Kenji88

Repair the phone with XC and report back in one or two days

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Kenji88
Visitor

Okay, Thank you 😊
castroneves
Visitor

Since installing this update a day ago there has been a dramatic drop in battery life. Now just turning on the screen is enough to watch it tick down. I've had a strong signal the entire day, yet Android system is claiming the battery life. Where it lasted 2 days before it now doesn't last one. How can I roll back to the previous update?
Screenshot_20170110-143033.png
Kenji88
Visitor

Yes, i experience that too. It's so frustrating that after an update it worst the drain of battery life Slightly_frowning_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

This drain was due to the Facebook Messenger problem that affected many phones worldwide
Sunking1011
Contributor

I've had to disable another app today for massively draining my battery despite being closed - a voice recording app that has worked perfectly for months amd hasn't been updated recently. Weird.
azian_advanced
Visitor

AVRCP still doesn't work
kunal91
Visitor

I bought an Xperia XZ (Dual SIM) yesterday. The first thing I did was to update it to the latest firmware [Build Number: 39.2.A.417].

After updating it and setting it up, I realised I am unable to permanantly set the preferred SIM card for voice calls.

When I set the preferred SIM card for voice calls to SIM card 1, the phone uses SIM card 1 for making calls as expected. HOWEVER, when I restart the phone, the preferred SIM card gets set to SIM card 2 automatically.

Even if I select the option "Ask first", after the phone is restarted the preferred SIM for calls goes back to SIM card 2.

I re-installed the firmware on the phone using the "Software Repair" function in the Xperia Companion software three times, but, this has not solved the problem.

This is a major inconveinience as I have to set the preffered SIM for calls EVERY time I switch on my phone, or else I am making phone calls with the wrong number.

Is this just a software bug that will hopefully get fixed in an update soon or is there a problem only with my phone?

Does any one else have this problem?

Please reply.