Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

adamlee2014
Contributor

Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

Rolling out right now.  thanks SonyScreenshot_20161201-075845.png

98 REPLIES 98
Sunking1011
Contributor

The XZ screen is superb, no complaints from me at all...but the S7e is universally lauded as being the best out there.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Well yeah if diamond matrix and oversaturation is your thing I suppose it's nice.
No lie tho, Z5 premium screen was beautiful compared to anything even now.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Hi all with xz 7.0.
Can anyone please tell me the kernel number in the update.
Contributor

i think Sony display has best colour management and its better than the S7 screen.

The_Newtype
Visitor

First photo was taken on Nougat (4.71MB); second photo is from Marshmallow (4.97MB). My apologies that they aren't exactly in the same position -- did my best to do it from memory. Both were taken at 20MP 16.9 in full automatic mode. It should be noted that the camera seems much smoother on Nougat, not to mention it felt lke it was focusing faster as well.

N1.JPG

M1.JPG

The_Newtype
Visitor

@Viridis wrote:
Hi all with xz 7.0.
Can anyone please tell me the kernel number in the update.

Kernel: 3.18.31 -perf-g25c80d3

Fri Oct 28 17:09:59 2016

Samalash
Visitor

How come both of my sim cards are not recognized by my Xperia xz after this system update? Noting that I can receive calls only!
azzido
Enthusiast

Sadly, this looks like it was a pure stock Android 7.0 copy paste from Google... Sony engineers did not have much work with doing it. They did not fix the bugs we addresses many times, they did not include anything new, did not touch the camera or Boring UI... Just a plain copy paste... considering this is rather a 6.0.2 due to number and size of a changes (Google is makins smaller and smaller steps with each Android iteration) I think it is time to switch to Apple to have the bigger difference / update in UI.

Now Google is not providing a big changes and Sony is just copy pasting it + ignoring the defects / bugs Slightly_frowning_Face  

NSO
Visitor

Unfortunately even after upgrade to Nougat, Android OS still use more than 1 GB on RAM memory !!
The device sometimes is struggling to running for normal use. My Z3 running flawless better than XZ ??
Sunking1011
Contributor

Is there any way to permanently avoid installing Nougat, or will it automatically install after a certain amount of user declines? Also, will Sony stop issuing security updates for Marshmallow now? The only real issue I have is touch to wake not working properly and seeing how that isn't resolved in the Nougat release I see no point updating. I don't want to inherit new bugs that Sony will never address.