Android 7.0 Xperia XZ

Rolling out right now.  thanks SonyScreenshot_20161201-075845.png

98 REPLIES 98
100rabh
Visitor

Finally clear all button has moved up
profile.country.GB.title
guinnsquirrel

Does anybody happen ot know when this build will come out in the UK (Open market UK version)?

Sunking1011
Contributor

So no fixes for the reported longstanding issues? If Nougat sorted the double tap to wake problem, improved the camera or dramatically improved battery life then I would update....but as my phone is performing admirably with no serious issues I'm loathe to tempt fate and install what amounts to beta software. Apple is the same, the very first iteration of a new version of iOS is always a bugfest. It's best to wait a few months until a more stable version is released.
100rabh
Visitor

Dude please update the phone.. It's not a beta software... The phone is performing really better... You will definitely get better battery life n enjoy all Nougat features
100rabh
Visitor

Biggest disappointment till now

1 No change in loudness of speaker
2 Double tap to wake still not fixed
3 Camera software feels untouched
Sunking1011
Contributor

Seems like Sony have basically just ported Android 7.0 to the phone and not addressed any of the phone's issues. How can they be so slack? Does nobody at Sony use the XZ? Do no Sony staff read this forum? Do the Sony helpdesk staff not forward reported issues to their engineers? I reported the double tap to wake fault a month ago via Sony support online chat, and there is a massive thread on this forum too. Shoddy. Apple would have patched this fault within one month.
100rabh
Visitor

I'm fine with just porting if Sony promises to update the phone with a patch sometimes later this year
Sunking1011
Contributor

I chose the XZ over the S7e purely because of it having no home button and double tap to wake. I passed on a much better camera, better battery life, more RAM and the best screen in the business purely for this. So for Sony to send three updates now and still not address it....
100rabh
Visitor

S7e screen is not better than Xz... Trust me I compared it... Xz just blows it away with its colors.
codetcs
Visitor

exactly... where is the software update for the huge topic on the camera and double tap?