Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Z-series keyboard issues

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Renidroc85
Visitor

Sony Vaio Z-series keyboard issues

I have a Sony Viao  VPCSB1H7E.  When typing, the '0' key results in a forward slash and several symbol keys including £, & do not work.

So far i have;

- Confirmed my regional settings in control panel are set to United Kingdom. 
- I uninstalled the keyboard driver from Device Manager so it reinstalled automatically on reboot of the machine which had no effect.
- Tested with the on screen keyboard which works perfectly fine.
- Tried enabling/disabling the Num lock which also had no effect.

A google search has not come back with any similar issues.

My question is...

Has anybody come across this issue, and if so, what steps did you take to resolve?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Renidroc85

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Renidroc85,

As you have carried out all of the standard trouble shooting it would seem that you have a hardware problem with the keyboard or associated cabling.

You could scan for malware but I doubt this is the problem. A factory reset will confirm that the problem is hardware related.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Renidroc85,

As you have carried out all of the standard trouble shooting it would seem that you have a hardware problem with the keyboard or associated cabling.

You could scan for malware but I doubt this is the problem. A factory reset will confirm that the problem is hardware related.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
denjohns8
Visitor

Simple but not obvious. You have pressed the Number Lock Function Key. Press it again to restore normal keyboard function.

Dennis

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

denjohns8 wrote:

Simple but not obvious. You have pressed the Number Lock Function Key. Press it again to restore normal keyboard function.

Dennis

I think you will find that the OP has already tried this...

"- Tried enabling/disabling the Num lock which also had no effect."

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat