Join now - be part of our community!

My SONY VAIO VGN-AW11XU

profile.country.el_GR.title
kremilias
Visitor

My SONY VAIO VGN-AW11XU

My VAIO model VGN-AW11XU is only 3 years old.

I am having serious problems like : The screen sometimes is black ( when it works is fine ) so I can't work with it. If I leave the computer ON and come back let's say after 30 minutes , trying to operate it , it crashes.

At this point I have to switch it OFF by the On-Off button , since the "Shut down" command doesn't operate.

I took it to the local SONY Service Authorised center ( in Athens , Greece ) where I paid € 40 to have it examined.

They say I need to replace the a) The Screen b) one of the RAM memories c) the Hard drive ... which amounts to € 1,900 !!!!! Of course I am not prepared to pay that kind of money ( I can buy a new one ).

I am really upset , because I paid quite a lot to buy this laptop , which was the top of the line ( 3 years ago) and now is useless.

Had many laptops ( cheaper models ) before but never encountered such a serious problem. This is my first SONY VAIO and I am disgusted with the problems and the attitude of SONY Europe product support .

They say I have to send it to Belgium (which means I would have to pay € 40-50 to send it ) in addition pay SONY product support £ 63 ... to find out what is wrong.

This is not fair !!

At the end of this exercise this laptop would cost me around € 200 at least without being repaired.

I would highly appreciate your advice

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0