Join now - be part of our community!

Video & TV SideView DISCONTINUATION

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Video & TV SideView DISCONTINUATION

As of May, Sony discontinues most functionality in the Video & TV SideView app, see here.

Say goodbye to the only usable program guide for Sony TV. The only functionality left will be the remotes it seems.

Seems like Sony keeps taking things away from us, this time a rather important feature which actually made the Live TV part somewhat usable.

How in the blue hell can you not feel betrayed by this company?

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@Pete_B

What's your problem with [profanity removed by moderator]. You don't have to edit that. Profanity is already censored by myself...

profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hello

Discussion of individual moderation decision is a little off topic for this thread so I'll send you a PM instead.

Regards,
Pete

SonysShirt
Explorer

Have just learnt about this discontinuity via an in-app alert .

Shocking stuff from Sony .

Anyone would think they're purposefully trying to repel customers ! Not even having the courtesy to explain the reasoning to their customers after the previous frustrations really is poor .

Have emailed customer services with the following* and will post any reply i may receive .

* I think Ive been rather generous towards Sonyin terms of restraint - in the hope it is repaid with an answer !

"Hi , having bought this tv i have been patient while Sony developed the necessary updates that made the thing work as Id have expected at the time of purchase .
This was very frustrating and yourselves acknowledged the problems to your credit .

I now learn (that after these lengthy problems) you are now terminating nearly all of the functions off the tv guide/remote app ?!

Can you please explain the reasons for this ?

It is very annoying to have this step backwards,especially given the early frustrations with this product .
I must add that this latest news is the end of me purchasing any further Sony products as I had similar bad experience of the software development and usability of an early Xperia smartphone .

I have totally lost faith in Sony unfortunately.

I very much look forward to your reply as to why the tv app is being drastically reduced in functionality - you owe your customers that at least ?

Regards
Derek"

scolthead
New

I emailed Sony customer services venting my disgust 4 weeks ago when the
news broke about the termination of this app not a sausage heard back from
them. Typical Sony don't give a jot that's why they are going to the dogs.
I decided on the Sony TV that i have now on the strength of the facilities
TV and video sideview offered what a joke never be caught like that again,
what have ypu to say SONY nothing as usual i guess !!!!
profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Worst things like tv not retaining proper functions like... The basics;
Color temperature changing at will... have not been addressed. I can't
imagine them addressing this one. The [inappropriate content edited by moderator] are clueless.

SonysShirt
Explorer

Well I have an initial reply .

Asking what I am referring to !

Spoiler
Spoiler
:worried:

Hopefully there's enough detail now provided for Sony to address the holistic basic initial question so await their further response .

I think the keyword that they use (again) here is "patience" however I am unsure if they are actually aware that said patience ran out long ago with a lot of us .

On 31 Mar 2017 16:26, <customersupport.en@eu.sony.com> wrote:

Dear

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

In an attempt to be of further assistance, we are seeking your kind patience to reply back with more clarification regarding your query in order to assist you further.

Please advice for the software version on your TV and clarify on the TV guide/ remote you are referring.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Afifi

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Hello,

I am using current software version "SVP4KDTV15EUuser6.0.1 MMB29V.S20 2.843 release-keys"

I refer to your android app "Video & TV Sideview" and attach screenshot of the information it provides that illustrate all of the features and support that are being taken away .

As a very dissatisfied customer I very much look forward to hearing from you .

Regards

SonysShirt
Explorer

Screenshot_2017-04-01-15-55-31.pngScreenshot_2017-04-01-15-55-35.png

SonysShirt
Explorer

Reply received yesterday - complete waste of time .

Might as well have done a dirt on my hands and clapped .

"Dear Mr… ..

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback and we will gladly pass your concern to the relevant department for future consideration and development.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Mohamed

SONY SUPPORT TEAM"

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Mohamed lol. He is somewhere in India lol. Your concern will never reach
Sony Japan lol. They don't listen to us. It's the only reason why theses
companies fail.
scolthead
New

Totally agree I boought my Sony tv on the strength of TV and Video Sideview. I have been given this number to register my disgust and am also requesting a refund for the telivision i bought in december as my descision descision was made on the strength of this app. No more sony goods for me i am afraid.

Lets all ring 02073652810 and register our disgust.