Join now - be part of our community!

XZ or XZ Premium??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
@6298751704027297
Visitor

XZ or XZ Premium??

Ok, so i'm due an upgrade, I've stuck with Sony Xperia for the last 4 years, I'm happy with it so want to stick with Sony. But my question is, is there much difference between the XZ and the XZ Premium? I'd rather have the latest model but the Premium version is nowhere to be found on any mobile contracts I've looked at. Anyone able to shed any light on why? I'm under the impression that the Premium has been out since October last year. I'm a little fed up with mobile companys just trying to fob me off with the XZ they have because they appear to be trying to get rid of the stock they have and I'll be gutted if I go into a 24 month contract only to find out two months later that they have the Premium in stock, which is what happened when I had to have the Z1 because the Z3 "wasn't coming out any time soon"......... They lied!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tidbits
Visitor

XZ premium isn't out yet.  What you are mixing up is the Z5 premium. 

XZ is projected from random news outlets is April.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tidbits
Visitor

XZ premium isn't out yet.  What you are mixing up is the Z5 premium. 

XZ is projected from random news outlets is April.

@6298751704027297
Visitor

Ah, thank you! Perhaps that's what has confused me then. In that case I'll wait until April. Thanks for the info 🙂

Tidbits
Visitor
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Rie1,

I may be a little biased given my position so take from this what you will, but personally, I would hold out for the XZ Premium.

The XZ and the Z5 Premium are quite different, not really in the same league. The XZ focuses on the camera and form factor while the Z5 Premiums main feature is the 4K display.

The upcoming XZ Premium combines the best of both, along with a faster processor, more ram etc. and some all new features, like 960FPS slow motion video. It was even picked as the best smartphone at the MWC 2017. :smileysmileywink:

You can see more information about the XZ Premium here: https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/

Punisher2all
Visitor

As others mentioned, you might be getting confused with the Xperia Z5 Preimum which came out in 2015.  I got the international version of that phone, since they were taking too long to release it in the US. 

Now Sony has the Xperia XZ and Xperia XZ Premium.  The latter is the replacement model for the Z5 Premium from 2015.  The XZ Preimum will not be relased until April/May.  I'm holding off for that phone and I would recommend that if you are wanting to upgrade, then you should wait for that phone as well. 

@6298751704027297
Visitor

Thanks for your advice, I'm definitely going to wait for the Premium to come out before I upgrade! Slightly_smiling_Face