Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ cant connect to Play Store in other country

Swissdave
Visitor

Xperia XZ cant connect to Play Store in other country

Hi guys

I have the following problem:

As i was yesterday in Germany i can't any more download APP's from Google Play Store!

All other things worked well - Phone calls, SMS, Whats App, Internet connections, Mail checking - worked well.

Reset from the GSM connection with assitance from my provider via hotline, restart from the Xperia XZ, erase cache etc. has not given satisfaction 😞

When i was back in Switzerland the download from Play Store worked again without any problems.

any ideas....?

Regards

Swissdave

4 REPLIES 4
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Swissdave, welcome to the community. Slightly_smiling_Face

Some countries have restricted access to their Play Store, usually due to different licencing agreements and such. You would need to change your country in your Google Settings to the countries store you are accessing, or use a VPN.

Swissdave
Visitor

Hi @CameronT 

I have tried also tha access via VPN and it dosen't work work.

Like i have writen allready. Play Store search was also posible in Germany, only the download from PlayStore make problems.

Could it be because my XZ 64 GB is a direct import from asia and the default language was "japanese"?

Regards Swissdave

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It may be due to your providers roaming agreements.
I was recently in France and as like you, I could not download apps from the playstore, WiFi I could but on mobile data the download wouldn't begin.
Swissdave
Visitor

Same place in Germany with my old Xperia Z3 everything worked without any problems. from this point of view it isen't possible that the reason are roming agreements 😞