Join now - be part of our community!

Statusbar/notification pulldown not working AT ALL on homescreen , but when locked, XZ.

RonnyLaRock
Visitor

Statusbar/notification pulldown not working AT ALL on homescreen , but when locked, XZ.

Last week when i was sitting and chatting on my phone, the statusbar/notificationbar started flying up and down in tremendous speed. This was going on for a couple of minutes until i got tired of it and restarted my phone. 
After that, the statusbar wont go down when im at my homescreen or when im on facebook, snapchat etc. -  BUT !!! -  when the phone is locked, and i press the powerbutton to enter pincode, THEN the statusbar can be pulled down.. So it only works before i enter my pincode, after that - cant pull it down. But i can pull other things , like refreshing Facebook or Snapchat - so the touchscreen-issue dont seem to be the thing. 
Its like something just happened, since the bar started flying up and down 100 times during 20 seconds...
But all the "help" ive got from Sony doesnt work. 
They told me to delete som storage on the homescreen and reboot it, didnt work. 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
RonnyLaRock
Visitor

i tried doing the stuff on this video, and apparently my top 2-3 mm doenst work (all of the sudden...) - i cant make them yellow on the "Grid-test" . 
But how can some millimeters on a touch-screen on a phone that costs so much, stop working after only 3 weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl7wRDGXPp8

Here is the video, forgot to post it.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@RonnyLaRock

Would you try if the same behaviour happens on safe mode?

RonnyLaRock
Visitor

I dont know, I dont see a reason to try it ; if it works in safemode, so what? 
Use my phone in safemode 24/7 ?  

Ive now tried 2 of the 3 software-related "solutions", they dont work, and i don't belive this one will either. After doing the gridtest it clearly indicates that the top 3-4 millimeters of the "screen" (since all of the phone's front is one solid glass-screen) where the touch-sensors are.. 

I doubt there are sensors next to the SONY logo in the middle.