Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XZ AC Wi-Fi Maximum Connection Speed

Britannica
Visitor

Sony Xperia XZ AC Wi-Fi Maximum Connection Speed

I have been trying to find information regarding the maximum supported Wi-Fi speed of the Sony Xperia XZ (F8832). I see that it supports AC Wi-Fi. The maximum speed I currently can reach on my XZ handset is 433Mbps. My router supports much higher speeds, multi-streams, and so on. However, I used to have a Sony Xperia Z5 (E6653) that would report a speed of up to 866Mbps. I used the same router and network settings with the Z5 I had that reported that speed. Why does my XZ not reach a speed of 866Mbps if I have all the necessary hardware and settings to support it and when my Z5 reached 866Mbps with the same equipment? Could it be the Z5 was incorrectly reporting the speed? Is there a setting on the XZ that I have missed? Note: I have updated the software of my XZ to the most current software and rebooted the router as well as reconnected to the network. The router is also on the most current firmware which is the same firmware version the Z5 was connected to. 

3 REPLIES 3
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

Go look at the White paper and check the antenna config. My Z5C achieves 433Mbps with a SISO. I think the Z5 was a MIMO.. And I'm too lazy to read XZ things because I only bother doing research when I'm in the market
Britannica
Visitor

Thank you for the response. I found the white paper online and found the information I was looking for. Thank you for the advice. I am pasitng the information below.

Supported standards IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac MIMO and Wi-Fi®
Wi-Fi Direct™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Passpoint™, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™
Connectable devices Wi-Fi® compatible devices
Wi-Fi® access points
Wi-Fi Direct™ compatible devices
Frequency band 2.4 GHz/5 GHz
Data transfer rate Up to 433 Mbit/s

Also, I checked the white paper for the Z5 and its maxiumum data transfer rate is 867Mbps. I find it quite odd that the newer flagship, the XZ, has a lower maximum data transfer rate even when it supports MIMO like the Z5.

Tags (1)
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

Yeah I hate it when that happens. Kind of like the Galaxy S5 not having IP68, when the S4 had it... then the S6 gets IP... I'd have been on the Samsung forums if there was a compact S5 with H20 resist at the time I needed a replacement for my Xcover2.

I'm hoping that the Thermal imaging camera doesn't get removed from the Caterpillar S60 next generation. Oh what mischief I have planned.

Edit: S4 Activ. Bad memory. Bought the Z5C in Nov2015