Join now - be part of our community!

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

SOLVED
DarkEyE
Visitor

Phone Clock resets after Reboot. 7.0

When i restart my Xperia XZ with 7.0, the Clock resets to March 30 1970 3:30 PM. When its online it corrects Date and Time.
Why Clock and Date resets itself at reboot?
62 REPLIES 62
DarkEyE
Visitor

@no|ram|b yeah, its the other way around.

btw.: How can i edit my posts mobile?
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

@DarkEyE: you can't  :D.. you need to switch to the full version first. see the bottom of the page Winking_Face

DarkEyE
Visitor

Edited now 😉👍

Don82
Visitor

You misunderstand me Darkeye 🙂 i dont have this problem i try to get a solution to your problem.:-)
DarkEyE
Visitor

I just aksed, because maybe you also have this problem and just dont realized it. 😉 But when you are able to restart your phone offline and your time stayed correct, it looks like you dont have this problem.
deebo007
Visitor

I have this issue too. Disabled pin on startup and all is fine. Come on Sony, sort this out and the battery life issue!

Just reboot with phone offline and time and date have changed to april 1970.

Also reboot with time-date non automatic and is the same problem.

I'll now make a repair software with Xperia Companion, as the update was by OTA. I'll revert again as soon as finished

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

To everyone experiencing this issue, do you have Password/Pin at boot up enabled? try to disable it and your internet connectivity then restart your devices several times . does the reset still happen?

To everyone NOT having this issue. try to disable your internet connectivity, then enable Password/Pin at boot up,. then restart or power off your devices several times. did the reset happen?

please post your results after you did the steps... yahoo

After restoring software from Xperia Companion the problem is the same if we have finger/pin enabled. So the problem was not on OTA or Companion update. The problem is if we use de finger/pin. But this is not a major problem for me as I don't intend to shut down my phone many times. My major problem was that this new version, disabled de Groups on contacts. I usualy send sms to groups I've on my phone, and on Marshmallows it was vey simple. Now on nougat I've to send one by one. It's not an upgrade but an downgrade.

If there is any possible for me to downgrade to Marshmallows, I apreciate as this is really a MAJOR problem for me.

Ryan96
Visitor

Same, here, time will only correct when it connected to the internet