Join now - be part of our community!

Phone App / Contacts

SOLVED
ichthyosaurus
Visitor

Phone App / Contacts

Hi,

The Phone app displays the Google contacts. If I update/delete a contact in the Phone app, does it update Google contacts?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @ichthyosaurus,

If you are referring to the small icon to the right in Phone application where you can see the contacts in your phone, then yes, if you edit or delete a Google contact here it will update on your Google account as well!

Let me know if that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @ichthyosaurus,

If you are referring to the small icon to the right in Phone application where you can see the contacts in your phone, then yes, if you edit or delete a Google contact here it will update on your Google account as well!

Let me know if that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

ichthyosaurus
Visitor

It really does, thanks. The same is in effect if I also edit/delete from the Contacts app, correct? Also, if I edit/delete a contact in Google Contacts, on my computer for example, would it update on the phone? I did, but it's not updating yet... (about 5 minutes now)

Thanks Winking_Face

Jonas
Master

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

That is what is so great with having your contacts synchronized to your Google account, both being able to access them from basically anywhere and that you only have to edit/add/remove a contact in one device and not all of them! Slightly_smiling_Face

Yes, it will update with the new information, it may take a while since it has to synchronize with your Google account again.

What you can do to speed this up a bit is that you manually sync just the contacts on your Google account, to do that open up the Contacts application > 3 dots > Manage accounts > Google > tap once on "Sync Contacts" and tap it again, now it will sync only the contacts and should be able to see the new information / the new contact in the Contacts application.

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

ichthyosaurus
Visitor

Yes, it seems that it works fine both ways. 

Another question - does it work the same way with Outlook Contacts, syncing both ways? I am trying to make a choice between Google and Outlook for where to store my contacts...

Thanks again.

Jonas
Master

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Glad to hear that it's working as it should! Slightly_smiling_Face

That would depend on the account, if you are using a Exchange active sync account there shouldn't be any troubles and it should work the same as with the Google account.

My best advice is that you contact your email provider and they should be able to provide you with a direct answer regarding your Outlook account, if it's the right account type and if it supports synchronizing with contacts.

Let me know how it goes and have a great weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face