Join now - be part of our community!

Invalid MMI Codes error

xznewbie
Contributor

Invalid MMI Codes error

Hello guys, Have anybody encountered this Invalid MMI code error in your Sony Xperia dual SIM..?
How did you resolve it..?
13 REPLIES 13
Jonas
Master

Hi @trashcan,

This seems to be related to your service provider (operator).

Do you receive this message when entering a code in the dialer pad to check status on how much data you have left for the month or something similar?

If you are receiving it when entering a code, try putting a "," at the end of the code.

So if the code is supposed to be #*123#*. Try entering the code as #*1337#*,.

If you experience this code in any other way, I would recommend getting in touch with your service provider.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

xznewbie
Contributor

Hi Jonas.. I did try your suggestion but it did not work.. O have read in the web that this fault is common with dual SIM phones. There are some articles exclusive with Samsung phone but won't work with xz. I was thinking there should be a solution exclusive to Xperia phones.
I did contact my service provider but they were unable to provide viable solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi again!

If it didn't work with the "," I'm afraid that there isn't anything that you can do or change in the phone, since this is an error message from the network.

Do you have another SIM card from the same service provider that you can try with and see if you experience the same behaviour?

If you borrow one from a friend, colleague or similar, or if your service provider has a store where you live, they should be able to replace your SIM card(s).

Keep me posted!

xznewbie
Contributor

Hi Jonas, I did ask the service provider for assistance and told me to change APN to their recommended settings specific to their Sim card. I made their SIM card as default for this particular service (DATA use). Still the invalid MMI. code and no connection error persist..
Now trying to sort this issue on my part. I looked up service provider settings >mobile network >service providers. As there are two Sim, there should be two service provider. But only one is active with home symbol but the other is zero with a dash across sign. I was wondering this might be the reason as this particular Sim card provider is the problematic one. Is it possible to activate both in the service provider are. I don't understand I had been using both sim card interchangeablly for all purpose, calls, SMS, data until now.
What would happen if I swap the two Sim cards. The #1 card become the #2 and conversely. Would it work and not pose problems..? BTW, the Sim cards are prepaid type so possibly unlocked....? Any ideas what would happen. What are your suggestions to this problem..?
Jonas
Master

Hi again!

If you switch the SIM cards, and do a new network search, is it only showing the networks with a home icon for the SIM card in slot 1 or is does it work correctly with one of the cards?

It's hard to say what is wrong, but these error messages are network related, so my best advice is that you contact the service provider that you experience the behaviour and if they have a local shop in your area they should be able to replace the SIM card or disable and enable it again or if they can send you a new SIM card.

Let me know how it goes!

xznewbie
Contributor

The concerned service provider already exhausted their efforts in sorting my problem. Besides the SIM card did not exhibit thus problem in other phone. Meaning this is phone problem. How Do I run this experia xz in same mode as I tried shutting the phone down while holding the start button and tapping at the display won't work. I will try doing this in Safe Mode if the same problem occurs.
xznewbie
Contributor

If this problem persist while in Safe Mode then this is the problem that I bring to the service center.
Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

To reboot your phone in safe mode, press and hold the ON/OFF button, until you see the "Power off" menu, press and hold on "Power off" until you see a new window (takes 3-4 seconds) tap OK in the bottom right corner and the phone will reboot to safe mode.

To exit safe mode, simply restart your phone.

If this is indeed caused by the phone, and you experience the same behaviour in safe mode. I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion before you visit an authorized service centre, just to rule out that this is caused by the software in the phone.

A software repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage, so creating a backup prior to starting with the repair is advised.

Keep me posted!

xznewbie
Contributor

Actually after the safe mode the situation has improved but there are still issues that I am awaiting to be ironed out by the service provider. So it's not yet completely resolved..