Join now - be part of our community!

Personalizing Contact Notifications

19tam74
Visitor

Personalizing Contact Notifications

I have had my XZ for a little over a week now, I came over from a Samsung S6...
I want to be able to personalize my notofication tones for my text messages - which I could do on my Samusng S6..
It is kind of an important feature for me as I am a mum of a few kids & I rather deal with their texts before other peoples..
But I cannot seem to find a way to change the text notifications for each contact..
Am I overlooking something or is thai feature not available on this phone?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@19tam74

Open the contacts > select a contact > edit > menu > set ringtone

19tam74
Visitor

"Open the contacts > select a contact > edit > menu > set ringtone"

It is not just the ringtone I want to change.. it is the message/text notification tone..
I have tried it on several contacts and it does not work..

So little johnny may have  the beep-beep tone & aunty bess may have the general tone I have chosen.. so I can tell who is texting me..

Hmm maybe I should have stayed with Samsung if this Sony cannot do what I want... ARGH...
Sorry but this is an important feature for me...
Some people don't understand why but as a mum of children with additional needs I need to know it is from them..

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@19tam74

You have a smartphone, be smart about it and take advantage of the PlayStore, you can download myriad apps to do whatever you want and customize your phone at your heart content

19tam74
Visitor

So I have  tried a couple of the contact apps today & unless I am doing it wrong or have the wrong apps it does look to be impossible to do...
Thought that this would be a good phone that could do just as much as the Samsung..
Obviously I was wrong..

19tam74
Visitor

Can anyone recommend me some apps that may do what I am wanting to do please?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert
19tam74
Visitor

Had a look at it but reviews aren't great and you need to buy an add onto get it to do what I want..