Join now - be part of our community!

Headphones recognized only as microphones.

Sethuna
Visitor

Headphones recognized only as microphones.

Greetings,
My Xperia XZ (updated to the latest firmware) suddenly started misbehaving when I plug in my headphones. My headphones are the MDRNC31EM model that came with my old Z2. When I connect them, the microphone sensitivity shows up on the notification bar and no sound comes through them (music, videos). I am losing my mind here. Can somebody help?
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

can you try to boot to safe mode? just try to long press on the power off option.

also do you have the smart connect app?

Sethuna
Visitor

I managed to get them to work this morning. Although I don't know if this is a "fix" to the problem. First of all though :
I don't have the Smart Connect app cause I didn't find any importance to it.
I booted my phone to safe mode but still the problem wasn't solved.

I got my headphones to work though by plugging them on a friend's Z2 which they worked normally. And then I plugged them again on my XZ and they were working. The problem is that I can't understand who is the culprit here. Phone or headphones?!
Thx for the reply though, really appreciate it.
Victor911
Visitor

The xz headphones Jack's are a disaster in production. My first one didn't recognize it at all. I returned it got a new phone. Recognizes headphones but disconnects. I will file a lawsuit against Sony since it affects my productivity.