Join now - be part of our community!

Media is constantly disrupted.

Kane_1371
Visitor

Media is constantly disrupted.

I have a very annoying problem with my Xperia XZ the media played no matter if watching video or listening to music in background is disrupted very often.
For example if I am watching a video on Chrome's html5 player the video is paused at least twice during a 20 minute long video.
Music too has this problem.
When listening through poweramp this happens and I have to press the play button again.
This is specially true if the app is not launched through its app icon and music is started through widgets.
I imagine that it is because the app is not open in the task manager and takes a **bleep** at you for launching something that is not there and stops the app.
Nope I can now confirm that that is not the case.
As I was writing this and listening to my music my phone decided to kill poweramp even though it was open in task manager and everything.
This is a stupid issue that I expect a solution to immediately.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I cannot replicate this issue I'm afraid,
What setup are you using (Bluetooth etc)
Kane_1371
Visitor

It happens no matter what I use, with headphones, without headphones with bluetooth or normal cable connection that is why I know this is a fault of  my phone and not the hardware I use

Kane_1371
Visitor

This is very disheartening that there are no responses from Sony on their Twitter, here, nowhere
Rickard
Master

I'm sorry to hear that Slightly_frowning_Face

Does this happpen with both locally stored media on the internal storage and media that you stream?

Could you also try if the same thing happens in safe mode to make sure it's not caused by a downloaded app?

Kane_1371
Visitor

Hi Rickard. 

Thanks for the response. 

This issue happens with both my music player poweramp and on Chrome and Firefox media players as well as on Facebook app and YouTube app. 

Also it doesn't matter if I have a Bluetooth headset, normal wired headset or no headset it will still happen. 

Now about the safe mode. 

On safe mode I couldn't test Firefox or power amp but the issue did not happen and right now after booting to normal mode the issue has not appeared yet but this is the normal reaction I get after a reboot and then eventually the issue comes back which makes me wonder if this issue might me a memory leak issue or something similar? 

Rickard
Master

It's not something i've seen before or noticed myself so i suspect it may be an app causing it.

In case it happens again, could you perhaps take a log from your phone and send it to me? I'll forward it internally to see if it can reveal the cause.

To do this:
Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number
Go back to Settings and select Developer options and turn on "USB debugging". Then tap "Logger buffer sizes" and set this to "4 M".
- The next time it happens:
Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report". When the report is ready (may take a minute or so) you get a notification that you can tap and share to Google Drive. Please send me a link to this file in a private message. 

Bis519
Visitor

Similar thing happens to my xz all the time.. Apple music cannot play one song without stopping. Every YouTube, Facebook or album video randomly pauses! It happens with and without earphones.