Join now - be part of our community!

is the phone made entirely of Alkaleido or just the back?

JRDGM1993
Visitor

is the phone made entirely of Alkaleido or just the back?

Is there a chance of it peel the paint on the side? I ´m affraid of this phone get the paint pelled like the Samsung phones.

15 REPLIES 15
Sunking1011
Contributor

The sides and top/bottom are plastic. The front is glass and the rear is metal.
n13L5
Visitor

I suppose Polycarbonate is a good material for the edges of a phone.

Really, Polycarbonate is a better material for the entire phone than metal is, with the exception of conducting heat better, which is important.  But if you drop it or your toddler throws it against the wall, Polycarbonate is way better than aluminum  Slightly_smiling_Face

JRDGM1993
Visitor

By is there any chance of it peel off like the samsungs, my sister-in-law had an galaxy S5 and the plastic parts peeled off, the "silver color" peeled off and the plastic was showing the true color, it happened by itself, the cellphone did not fall. Is there any chance of this happen to the XZ?

Sunking1011
Contributor

There's a chance, yes, but hopefully not...
Emir1
Hero

Hi @JRDGM1993,

The back of Xperia™ XZ is made from high purity ALKALEIDO™ metal, the display is made from Corning® Gorilla® Glass®, and the frame from nylon.

I hope that answers your question, if not - let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face 

JRDGM1993
Visitor

Nylon? like the fabric of clothes? and is there any chance of the material on the side of the phone peel off? I am affraid because Samsung cellphones does and I REALLY LOVE SONY I´m counting the days to get my nex XZ

Emir1
Hero

Nylon is used in many products and different alloys, for example in clothing and plastic. However as far as the XZ goes, I'm afraid I don't have any more details regarding the material alloy used other than that it is nylon.

I have not heard of any XZ where the side has peeled off, what do you mean more specifically?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Nylon? like the fabric of clothes? and is there any chance of the material on the side of the phone peel off? I am affraid because Samsung cellphones does and I REALLY LOVE SONY I´m counting the days to get my nex XZ

Check this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon

alexdon
Nuno_sf
Visitor

I had a Z1, a Z3 and today opted for a XZ but with lots of doubts if Z5 could have been a better option regardig features now missing on XZ and eventuallly lower durability on the X line.

Could this nylon frame be less shock and scratch resistant than Z5 metal? (http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/help/sexy-durable-t3485665)