Join now - be part of our community!

is the phone made entirely of Alkaleido or just the back?

JRDGM1993
Visitor

is the phone made entirely of Alkaleido or just the back?

Is there a chance of it peel the paint on the side? I ´m affraid of this phone get the paint pelled like the Samsung phones.

15 REPLIES 15
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Nuno-sf,

I'm afraid I do not have any information regarding specifically how resistant the material is in comparison to our previous devices. My recommendation is to be careful with your device, as it is not meant to be handled inappropriately by for example dropping it.

JRDGM1993
Visitor

I am affraid that the colour peeled off like the Galaxy S5 "metal frame". On galaxys s5 the sweat of the hand peeled off the color of that "Metal frame". Is there a chance of this happening to XZ?
SDR1970
Contributor

Bit too early to say at this stage as the phone has only been out a few weeks.
Emir1
Hero

Hi @JRDGM1993,

I have not heard of an Xperia device, either XZ or a previous model, peeling off in such a way before and I'm not familiar with what the cause of such an occurrence could be. I can tell you that the frame is made out of nylon according to the information I have available, but I can't tell you more than that or in which way nylon can be damaged I'm afraid. Slightly_frowning_Face

Nuno_sf
Visitor

Thanks Emir,

Here we can observe how easy XZ gets scratches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snnuvwZGMWM&index=15&t=245s&list=PLunc99vB4ExZOfUxeCwwo77lzjNr8HaWP

If we compare with Z5 Premium (glass and metal, not plastic and aluminium) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVPa8sNY1Xw

We may conclude the XZ is much more scratch prone than Z5.

The improvements in camera lens (XZ glass, Z5 plastic) and screen (XZ gorilla glass) are not enough to compensate all other materials.

There are several missing Z features or features changed for worst in XZ.

We should be discovering new functionalities and improvements, not counting missing Z features. In several aspects, we are moving back to models before Xperia Z. Other brands are moving forward copying Sony features like waterproof and good cameras.

Unfortunately, for sound and vision fans it’s now easier to move to other brands.

Alessio_841
Contributor

Sony Mobile has a very bad sells and less profits. This situation has take Sony Mobile to reduce thr quality of X line compared to Z line without change prices in he way to increase profits also with poor sells.

This is the truth, a bad truth for us consumers, especially if we see a Samsung, for example, were the latest A3 (equal to X Compact as target size) has a metal frame and glass on and back with final hgher quality.