Join now - be part of our community!

Feature Request for priority apps

SOLVED
Sailor1
Visitor

Feature Request for priority apps

Recently i heard Samsung has enabled a priority feature .. Like which app we would like to keep in the Memory and which we don't mind getting closed automatically

For example at times I'm downloading something on Chrome and i am using other apps and sometimes i find it that it has been closed automatically because of less ram... So i would set it as a priority to be kept in memory so that my download does not get interrupted

Hope i explained myself well.... Please respond official mods

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @Sailor,

That sounds pretty awesome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Basically a feature that makes sure that an application won't be closed down due to opening another application that needs the RAM memory has been launched, and other applications should be closed instead of the application with the set priority.

I can see how this can very useful so I will make sure to forward this as user feedback!

Do note that I can't make any promises that this will be implemented, but I thank you for your suggestion! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

You're wanting a toggle for keep alive/permanent background service.

You can half bake selectively keep apps alive by keeping the app window in the Overview Soft Key Screen, and not swiping to close
Sailor1
Visitor

That doesn't work always... I want a priority mode kind of thing
Jonas
Master

Hi @Sailor,

That sounds pretty awesome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Basically a feature that makes sure that an application won't be closed down due to opening another application that needs the RAM memory has been launched, and other applications should be closed instead of the application with the set priority.

I can see how this can very useful so I will make sure to forward this as user feedback!

Do note that I can't make any promises that this will be implemented, but I thank you for your suggestion! Slightly_smiling_Face

Sailor1
Visitor

Thank you ... Yes you got my point exactly

It will be really helpful in multi-tasking ... Glad to see such a quick response and hoping to see this feature in future updates for XZ .. cheers
Jonas
Master

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else!