Join now - be part of our community!

F8331 Xperia XZ NFC item not found

sdelacruz
Visitor

F8331 Xperia XZ NFC item not found

I can send items (pics and vids) via NFC beam to another phone but..

I am having issues receiving items via NFC on my Sony XZ

It says "Item Not Found"

Please help!

Screenshot (Jan 4, 2017 6-01-25 PM).png

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

files that are transferred using NFC are stored at Internal Memory>Beam, can you see if there are files in that folder?

are you sure that the transfer was complete? can you try beam again and make sure the nfc contacts are connected at all times.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@sdelacruz

Which type of files are you trying to transfer?

sdelacruz
Visitor

@nolrambl

Tried various times just sending a JPEG file using my old Samsung note 2 via NFC to my sony xz and I get the message I posted "item not found".

And of course Google is everyones friend and I have used the search bar but nothing similar to my current issue has been found as answer.

@uliwooly
I tried JPEG, png, mp3, and mp4 and I get that message item not found when I try NFC from my old phone Samsung note 2 to my sony xz. Am I missing software?
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

could you try to do the transfer again? this time while you are on safe mode?

Rickard
Master

@sdelacruz

I'm not very familiar with Samsung phones i'm afraid but i do think you might have two beam options in it. The Android native beam and Samsung S Beam. Please make sure that your Samsung phone is set to use the Android native beam. From what i could find on other forums, the S Beam will only work between Samsung phones.