Join now - be part of our community!

Back is vibrating while charging

SOLVED
Aithir
Visitor

Back is vibrating while charging

Got my Xperia XZ yesterday. Total first time charging and the back is vibrating when ich touch it. This is very strange and ich dont think its normal....
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Yh, i understand that, I freaked out when my new laptop did it a few weeks ago, I've just tested my Xperia X and it also does it.
I personally think it's fine, annoying but fine, I would take a guess at it being a byproduct of Ungrounded chargers vs a thin aluminium sheet.
Aithir
Visitor

It is more than annoying. All i can think about are dangerous currents or voltage. Dangerous for the device and/or life, or maybe it explodes oO
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It won't explode, trust me, it's so common
Rickard
Master

I'm sorry to hear that you feel worried about your phone.

You might experience that your Xperia device is vibrating when you touch the metal surface during charging. This is due to non-harmful leakage current. The vibrations are not dangerous, and will not affect your device.

As @Viridis mentions, it's not uncommon or specific for Xperia XZ.

Nischi85
Visitor

Hi everyone

I have a strange phenomena when I charge my XZ.

Whilst charging(with supplied charger and cable), whenever I touch the bakside of the phone, it sort of vibrates, or shakes. If I run my finger along the backside, I can feel the vibrating sensation following my finger all the way I'm sliding. It's very subtle. It feels like its following where I'm touching.

Does anyone else experience this when charging? Is it normal? is it safe?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Nischi85 Read this thread.

alexdon
Nischi85
Visitor

Thanks Alexdon!

Chris314159
Visitor

Hi. I have an experia xz phone which is a few weeks old. The battery seems to drain very quickly especially overnight. My last 4 phones have been sony xperia. The particular issue with this one is that the back panel vibrates when you touch it when it's charging. This can't be normal?
SDR1970
Contributor

That's normal with the XZ.
Chris314159
Visitor

How strange. It feels like the phone is wired incorrectly.