Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

@oodles2do

@Got to your settings, then About

then scroll down to build, then keep pressing select. It will give you a warning, continue pressing select. And eh volia. You now have developer functions.

go to your settings again/ personal

then security and restrictions

turn unknown sources to on and verify apps to off

you can side load what you want.

ESFile Exploer when installed from the store will allow you to install what you want from then

the Firmwares will open if you use KPac

and as for the recordings being locked it must be some form of encryption. So I'm hoping I can crack that open.

ive been working on this stuff every day since we last spoke believe it or not.

catch up again soon

rich

oodles2do

@rsebre

I did turn on the developer functions by accident the other day! Didn't do anything with it though. I had also previously downloaded ESFile explorer and download from unknown sources so that I could install the latest version of Kodi that isn't available on the Play Store at the moment. I only wanted it to try out the 4K streaming that you can do, which worked well :).

We've had enough of the TV though, so it's going back.

dataghost
Explorer

Hi All, not sure if anyone has used resolver?  Seems like it has potential?

http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/currys-pc-world-complaints/contact-details

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

What would be good before I go, especially as your a masters student, would be to get Google Weave working on these sets. If you search the store for the Chrome Beta and get that running, you can see it's possible.

I'd love to be able to control my home, such as light ect by just talking to my tv.

Image it, "TV, put on my 4K The Martian film", and it does, but it also checks the time to see if its past sun set and then turns down the light automatically as the film starts.

I'd start though by gathering a list of input devices this set will accept. It also apparently accepts a keyboard and mouse, so what else? Could I load a teensy board or something here?

Anyways I will report in once a week or so to let you know whats going on with me.

But I'd love Google Weave on my set. The NFC is the door to which the Google Weave is the Key.

The possibilities......(So many functions here we come :smileyhappy:)

Some one should also compile an upto date manual for this set too. i-guide hasn't been update in an age...

Kind regards:smileypeace:

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be mindful, to anyone enabling developers mode - that to disable developers mode, you can only do so if you factory reset the tv.

julianblack

Now isn't that a surprise!

Performing a factory reset would be Sony's cure for all the world's ills.

Sent from my iPad
oodles2do

How do you do PIP with the new update?

paulconvey
Explorer

Sure, firstly I apologise to "@Titis_0000Community Team", if he is an ordinary forum user.  Although I wasn't rude, the assumption was made based on his title and inside knowledge of Sony's patch release schedule.  I think that's fair.

I'm assuming that you know better.

@royabrown wrote:

@paulconvey wrote:

Can you also explain why the tech department are quick to interject with a statement like this, when you could interject at any other post, like refund policy, which clearly is something people need guidance/ reassurance from.  There are clearly some very unhappy customers, what are you doing about that?

Hi @paulconvey

Can you also explain why you think that an ordinary user of this forum is from the Sony tech department?

He would be rather startled to find out that he was,,,,

oodles2do
profile.country.GB.title
rnbetsy

Well, PiP/PaP doesn't seem to work when using a 4K source in the hdmi 😞