profile.country.en_GB.title
1234567ty
Visitor

WARNING-123MANIA.COM DO NOT USE, OR CLICK ON,PLEASE READ

----

46 REPLIES 46
kee-lo_

Thanks for that valuable information Harry, I'll avoid it like the plague.

1234567ty
Visitor

Thats ok, for the good of the SONY VAIO world!!!!!!
Poll???????

kee-lo_

Well Soshos are the first to see viruses a lot of times.
So I say them, although it's VERY expensive.

kee-lo_

A bit like Sortitout-Man on BBC Three :slight_smile:

1234567ty
Visitor

Sorry, I havent seen it! :smileyrolling_eyes:

JoeB.
Visitor

hi people ,

i went to the site... as soon as it loaded it pop up with a download option...which anybody would deny... naturaly!

first rule on the net is... do not download anything or install anything out of the net unless you are certain about the people or the company behind it.

:devil: for those curious people out there... remeber the saying.... "curiousity killed the cat" :devil:

JoeB.
Visitor

hi,

with pop-up's like these... i never trust the "yes" or "no" buttons, i try to use the "close windows button X".
if you didn't hit yes then maybe the action code of the buttons have been reversed...
it also poped back in after i left the site... and these pops are the most dangerous typ!
also never touch the trusty check... not even with company's that you are certain of,
i have seen instances where once it has been checked, it stays checked... even if you uncheck it.

Joe

1234567ty
Visitor

Thank you Joe!!

bsg
Visitor

Norton definitely sucks ! it's hell to configure properly and erase your files without asking. It erased my thunderbird inbox. Symantec support is expensive and sucks as well.
the free version of Antivir free-av.com finds more viruses than Mc Affee and Norton AV, plus it can be free following your use of it, and you can tune it the way you like.
I uninstalled Norton even if it was bundled with my laptop. Hope sony will switch to a more decent antivirus editor in the future.