Join now - be part of our community!

Cleaning LCD displays - PCG-GRT915M THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES!

trin0400
Visitor

Cleaning LCD displays - PCG-GRT915M THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES!

7 REPLIES 7
VAIOneer
Visitor

Cleaning fluids are not always a great idea.Darn if that search facility was available I'd point you to a topic which mentioned a cleaning fluid good for LCD screens.

noun
1. a Club VAIO member who is one of the first to do something.
2. a Club VAIO member who helps establish a community.
adj.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of early members: the VAIOneer spirit.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I use it too and it's very good.
Approved by Apple Computers too.

KAZZBAR
Visitor

:smileygrin:
This sounds kindda stupid, but ... after having tried loads of suppossed cleaning wipes from the likes of pc world etc, my missus used a moist anti bacterial wipe from Asda on my vaio laptop then gently wiped (buffed it up) with a soft tissue and it came up spotless, (finger marks and all) They are in a yellow pack and cost 99p !! in the household cleaning isle (honest its never been so clean and appears to have done no harm at at all)

Failing that, I have seen some products at www.lindy.com.uk (they seem to sell mainly computer cleaning products, and seem fairly priced too)

Hope this is some help to you,
Regards.

Andy.

kee-lo_

Be very careful with things like that Andy.
As for tissues a big nono, they cause small scratches.

1234567ty
Visitor

Use Aerospace Grade Lint free cloths, you should be able to find them at PC World or a computer shop.

kee-lo_

Yes now they are good.

1234567ty
Visitor

Klear Screen will be safe to use, you can buy it off amazon, search for it. It is a green and white packet. I use it on my GRZ615M LCD screen, and it works like a dream! Harry