Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO FW - Operating system not found

majvai
Visitor

VAIO FW - Operating system not found

(translated from Polish by google)

Hi,
from a few weeks I'm (not) happy owner of the Vaio FW series.

When you first turn out of the box I saw a black screen saying "Operating system not found". Zgrzałem, because not enough money spent on equipment, which was to be almost perfect.
I phoned immediately to Komputronik, where I bought a laptop and the guy recommended to restart, what I did. After everything is poinstalowało. Re-engaged to run flawlessly. So I said, it will be around
On the second day of the backpack pull out a laptop, turn on - "Operating system not found".
Reset - it works.

I did test equipment VAIO State program. Half of tested and found no errors.

In the end I phoned the helpline and the guy suggested reinstalling the system.
Reinstalled. Restarting - Running around after a long break - "Operating System ..."

Finally, yesterday I looked in the BIOS. Settings where the only cure for what I came to my mind was meaningful in any case restore the default settings (though I changed nothing previously). I ran again - some turned off for several hours. Turn - around
Well, as happy. I left for the night off on your desk. Was only connected to the power supply.
Turn in the morning - around Well it turned off, hid the backpack.

I pull out now, turn on - "Operating system not found".

Of course, the helpline is only mon - fri, 9 to 17, so any collection il get to the site until Monday.

I do not know. somewhere something might be loose, some tape, and when something is vertically in a backpack is something unfastens. Please help and any suggestions.

1. Does anyone have any idea? Maybe you can fix it easily and not lose your laptop for God knows how long, especially during the Christmas and New Year?

2. Does putting a laptop messenger I have the original box with foil, papers, cables?
On Monday I leave for a few days and I do not know if I have to lug it all together.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio MajVai,

I saw your other thread in Polish.

Please, after start the computer, press Key to bring your computer to the manufacture setup. Just follow the steps.

If this process doesn't works, you need to contact the support from Sony again to pick up your computer.

Considering what you are telling us, to be in touch with Sony support is the best way in my opinion.

Just keep 01 (one) thread in the forum, is better for us to pay attention.

majvai
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, restoring the factory settings does not help.

I tried a fixmbr and fixboot. It seemed that is ok, but again this morning after removing the backpack, the VAIO does not see the system (or drive).

If the message "Operating system not found" I press Ctrl + Alt + Del VAIO restarts and again this message.

Only after the shutdown by pressing the "power" and re-enable the Windows starts.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi majvai,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

If you've only had you FW for a few weeks, try taking it back to the retailer and ask for an exchange..

majvai
Visitor

Retailer probably will send the notebook to the his headquarters, and it will send to Sony for repair. :slight_frown:

Can Sony support exchange my VAIO under warranty "door to door"?
Will Sony it exchange, or repair?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Retailer probably will send the notebook to the his headquarters, and it will send to Sony for repair.

Check the consumer rights in your country, if your vaio has had this problem from new then you should be able to exchange it..

majvai
Visitor

I can exchange 1 week from purchase.
Unfortunately, there are 3.

There is also a problem with RAM.
Vaio uses only 20%.

I am very disappointed and disheartened to Sony. 😞

majvai
Visitor

I sent.
VAIO arrived this morning to Ipswich (UK).

I hope that everything will check, my notebook will work well and I get it before Christmas.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I hope so too.. :four_leaf_clover: