Join now - be part of our community!

CAnt find 3G modem on VGN-TT11wn

bass55
Visitor

CAnt find 3G modem on VGN-TT11wn

Upgrading fromn Vista to Win 7 was´nt succesfulk. So we installed it from the beginning. Now Globe Connect cannot fins 3G modem. And Vaio support wont helt bacause we have not upgraded....

Any bodey nknows?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi bass55 and welcome.

If you clean install Windows 7 you will need to reinstall all the Sony Preinstalled Utilities and Drivers from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-TT11WN_B

In particular you will need the WWAN Driver, the WWAN Connection Manager and the Novatel Driver but you will probably need to install everything for which there is not a specific Windows 7 driver under the 'Windows 7' Tab.

An Upgrade is preferable on the TT series because a clean install requires you to reinstall the original software for many devices like fingerprint reader, TPM Module, WWAN, Hard Disc Protection, SFEP, SPIC, FeliCa, Protector Suite QL etc.etc.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
ribatte
New

Hi, I have the same problem except I can't install the preinstall drivers as I'm using the x64 version and I'm really worried that this issue is not resolvable. I've looked on the x64 link on the support site but most of the drives do not correlate to my model (TTWN/B). I tried both WAN drivers but the setup did nothing, no window or anything came up. I also have not touchpad driver and have major issues with Control centre. It will not save my settings and has none of the Sony power settings in there. Really frustrating.

Any help hugely appreciated!!!

Rich