Join now - be part of our community!

Giga pocket & PAL format TV

hazemnooh
Visitor

Giga pocket & PAL format TV

I had purchased a new Sony desktop RZ 16G from USA to use it in my country Egypt. When I tried to use the Giga pocket personal video recorder software (ver. 5), I was not be able to watch TV programs.I am using standard antenna (air) & the system of TV in my country is PAL. Is the Giga pocket personal video recorder support PAL format? If not, is there any way to use giga pocket to see TV with PAL system. :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

4 REPLIES 4
Gaaf
Visitor

Yes it has to be possible for you to tune on channels for PAL. because it's compatible with NTSC, PAL and SECAM....
I live in The Netherlands and we have got also PAL, with no problem i can watch tv here. :slight_smile:

EzDoezIt
Visitor

I'm afraid it looks like you're out of luck. I cannot find anything on switching the format of the Giga Pocket hardware. Some US models explicitly say they only support NTSC. I could not find anything for your specific model with regards to TV format.

You can switch DV Gate with C:\Program Files\Sony\DVGate\DVMotion\DVSigChg.exe.

You can switch Movie Shaker with C:\Program Files\Sony\MovieShaker\MVSigChg.exe.

hazemnooh
Visitor

Yes it has to be possible for you to tune on channels for PAL. because it's compatible with NTSC, PAL and SECAM.... 
I live in The Netherlands and we have got also PAL, with no problem i can watch tv here. :slight_smile:

How can you select PAL? Is this possible through the hardware (giga pocket card) or through the software.

Gaaf
Visitor

when your going to tune automatically, the system asks for your home country, doesn't it have a option for egypt or another country that uses the PALnetwork. :thinking: