Join now - be part of our community!

Electric Shock!?! (PCG-Z1XSP)

LBHughes
Visitor

Electric Shock!?! (PCG-Z1XSP)

Erm... are we the only ones to be getting an electric shock off our brand new PCG-Z1XSP laptops? It's only a minor shock (more of a tingle) but nonetheless, it's there!!

To replicate, ensure you have the mains power plugged in and NO other peripherals (I also found you don't get the shock if you're wearing shoes!). Then touch the corner of the metal body with the underside of your wrist (or somewhere equally sensitive :smileyblush:). Feel a tingle? I've tested it on a few people and most of them experienced the same. Also tried another laptop (same model) - and it's still there! Anyone else get this??

Funnily enough, if you plug the modem into a phone line the shock stops. Don't know if it's related in any way to last year's recall of 10,000+ Vaio's but it seems like a suspiciously similar fault.

I've logged a case, we'll see what happens...

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
xandelxandel
Visitor

I had the same experience with my VGN-A115M once.
In connection with that - and even several times without feeling an electric shock - my notebook had a break down of its power supply, even when it was on ac. everytime when that happend it started up again on its own. that means that you always loos data. this happend from the very beginning, stating from the time when I purchased my vaio. I´m waiting for an answer from sony. thank you:smileytongue:

profile.country.en_GB.title
1234567ty
Visitor

LBHughes, It might be an idea if you bought a few dvds and backed everything up on them, it might be that the computer will go caput just like that at some stage. Only an impulsive thought. Harry (GRZ615M):smileyconfused: