Join now - be part of our community!

DSC WX-150

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
novita77
Visitor

DSC WX-150

Hi I just bought a new sony DSC WX-150, I used my old memory stick pro duo from the previous camera. It works allright. But I found it takes sooooo long to write one click photo to the card, by the time the camera ready to take another photo i missing out the event already.

A friend of mine told me that I need to buy latest memory card that call SD card. Can anyone recommend the specific card that I should buy  (will be very gratefull if anyone can post the link of the card from the sony shops on this website) for the new camera. I love my new camera but this writing the photo to the card just takes so long .... 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello novita77 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Your friend is correct to say that a high speed SD card would be a good idea. There are a variety of manufacturers available and there are various grades of cards available. As an example, you have cards like this selection available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sd+card&x=0&y=0

As you can see, there are higher speed cards available for around £10 and these will give you a far superior performance compared to your old Memory Stick Pro Duo. One other factor to bear in mind is that if you have the picture quality set to the highest level on the camera, this will lead to a longer time taken to write the image data to the memory card. Unless you intend to get large physical prints of images, having a medium image quality will probably be sufficient so I would advise you to experiment.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello novita77 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Your friend is correct to say that a high speed SD card would be a good idea. There are a variety of manufacturers available and there are various grades of cards available. As an example, you have cards like this selection available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sd+card&x=0&y=0

As you can see, there are higher speed cards available for around £10 and these will give you a far superior performance compared to your old Memory Stick Pro Duo. One other factor to bear in mind is that if you have the picture quality set to the highest level on the camera, this will lead to a longer time taken to write the image data to the memory card. Unless you intend to get large physical prints of images, having a medium image quality will probably be sufficient so I would advise you to experiment.

Thanks,

Simon

novita77
Visitor

Thank you Simon .... i will get that card from Amazon.

Novita