Join now - be part of our community!

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

Hello,

I'm having issues with Spotify on Bravia TV - The app works fine for a while, but then can stop randomly - sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a longer period of time.

The music will just stop, although the timer on the tracks can still be running up.

Spotify becomes unusable and cannot stop or forward the tracks - or go back to playlists and choose another track etc.

I've uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it many times, and this fixes the issue, until it happens again randomly..

Really frustrating as Spotify came pre installed on the TV, although when I raised the issue with Spotify support - they said that Sony Bravia is not a supported TV for Spotify  !!

Anyone else having issues  ?

Any suggestions much appreciated - Thanks..!

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Excellent !  -  Sounds like you are actually getting somewhere - Hopefully Spotify will take it on and fix it..

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Redeye66 wrote:

Excellent !  -  Sounds like you are actua getting somewhere - Hopefully Spotify will take it on and fix it..

Cheers

Still not looking good, they got me to reset the TV Spotify completely, delete cache, data, uninstall and initially it looked good.

However it seems advertisements are the issue, some play okay but some either hang before they appear, ie an advertisement should pop up but it doesn't and playback just stops. The other thing that can happen is the advert appears but doesn't play so just hangs there or it plays in full but then won't clear and just blocks playback. I am convinced its something to do with the app. Having premium would probably fix it.

Here is an example, TV gets stuck at 19 seconds yet the ad continues to play, phone thinks its done, TV is now locked on the advert and Spotify will no longer work. Edit: totally stuck now no matter what I do uninstall, etc reboot, this ad will appear on the TV and crash.. *****IMG_20190602_100855954.jpg

Screenshot_20190602-101727.png

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Good call on the Adverts - Thats definitely the problem !

Tried a friends account with Premium on same TV and everything is fine..!

So yes, the adverts are tripping it..

At least I have some options for now - Via PS4 - or sign up to Premium.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Can you contact Spotify with that info too. More people who raise it, the more likely it is to be fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Yeah of course - will get on it...

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Interestingly Twitter Support got me to try using the TV app without the phone. Seemed to work past a couple of ads but then just became silent on one track and nothing would resume sound even though Spotify thought it was playing. Had to switch back to the phone to reconnect to the TV. *sigh*. Buggy mess.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

So apparently a new version is available, 1.17.0 but, for me its still got issues. It seems to handle ads much better but I still get music stopping after about 9 songs or so. The app then needs to be forced close to get it back to life, sometimes it just stops, other times it believes the song is being played but has no audio output.

profile.country.GB.title
BellaGorden
New

At present, a part of Sony TV is within the scope of service of Spotify, so you can play Spotify on Sony TV directly. Before playing, you should make sure that your Spotify is connected to your Sony TV and there is a good internet connection. If not, you could download Spotify playlist in advance and then play them on smart TV with the help of Spotify music converter mac.

profile.country.GB.title
keherbe12
Explorer

I have the same issue when using Spotify on my Sony TV and after a few minutes it turns the TV off. Really frustrating and has only happened since the Sony TV software update recently 

Piscie
Community Team

Hello @keherbe12, so which version is currently installed? Is it the v6.7215? Have you tried clearing the Spotify cache from the settings? (Settings - Applications - Spotify - Clear Cache & Data), then clear the TV's cache (Settings - Device Settings - Storage - Cached Data), then force restart your TV and see if that works.