Join now - be part of our community!

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

Hello,

I'm having issues with Spotify on Bravia TV - The app works fine for a while, but then can stop randomly - sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a longer period of time.

The music will just stop, although the timer on the tracks can still be running up.

Spotify becomes unusable and cannot stop or forward the tracks - or go back to playlists and choose another track etc.

I've uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it many times, and this fixes the issue, until it happens again randomly..

Really frustrating as Spotify came pre installed on the TV, although when I raised the issue with Spotify support - they said that Sony Bravia is not a supported TV for Spotify  !!

Anyone else having issues  ?

Any suggestions much appreciated - Thanks..!

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
keherbe12
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately after clearing the cache on both Spotify and the TV the problem is still there after not even getting through two songs in Spotify.

This problem has only happened since I downloaded the lastest software version PKG6.7240.0826EUA on my XR-55A90J TV and needs to be addressed by Sony as I know from the web that many others have the same problem.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @keherbe12, you might want to try a factory data reset: Settings - Device settings - Reset - Factory data reset.

profile.country.GB.title
keherbe12
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your further recommendation. I have carried out a factory reset of the TV and it appears to have rectified the problem, but what an extreme measure to rectify a problem that has only occurred after downloading the latest software update. Obviously the factory reset meant having to re set all of the settings I had in place for the TV, and having to re install all of the my passwords for the apps, but hey seems to of worked even though the TV won't now log on to the internet but that maybe just down to a connection problem at this time. Anyway thanks again 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey keherbe12, doing a factory data reset after an update, specially if new issues started, is helpful. As sometimes it's just caused by apps misbehaving/conflicting with the new update. 

Regarding the internet issue, was it resolved? If not, please add more details, so we can help you out. Cheers!