Join now - be part of our community!

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Spotify issues on Bravia KD-55XF8096

Hello,

I'm having issues with Spotify on Bravia TV - The app works fine for a while, but then can stop randomly - sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a longer period of time.

The music will just stop, although the timer on the tracks can still be running up.

Spotify becomes unusable and cannot stop or forward the tracks - or go back to playlists and choose another track etc.

I've uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it many times, and this fixes the issue, until it happens again randomly..

Really frustrating as Spotify came pre installed on the TV, although when I raised the issue with Spotify support - they said that Sony Bravia is not a supported TV for Spotify  !!

Anyone else having issues  ?

Any suggestions much appreciated - Thanks..!

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I have exactly the same problem on my XE9005 and my brand new XG9005. I have so far with all the offered fixes not being able to fix it. It used to be fine so my gut feeling is its something with the Spotify App but, no idea what.

The XE is on Nougat and it does it, the XG was on Nougat and did it, the XG is now on Oreo and it still does it. Plays 4 or 5 songs then then stops.

Certain advertisements will also crash the stream completely.

I have tried both Spotify Connect and Google Cast, same results. Interestingly my PS4 Pro on the same wired network works flawlessly with Spotify Connect, so as I said my gut feel is an issue with the TV App.

I posted on the Spotify Community also but have had no further insight from there. If you hear anything or find a fix please share it. I will do the same.

Edit: Interestingly the Sony Android TV used to be listed on the Spotify Gear website, this has now been replaced by Spotify Anywhere and ONLY Samsung is listed now. I would be interested to know how they respond to "it used to be supported? Why not now?"

Cheers,

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Thanks Stormy,

So you play Spotify via PS4 on the same TV that has issues via a HDMI cables - and it works fine  ?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@Redeye66 wrote:

Thanks Stormy,

So you play Spotify via PS4 on the same TV that has issues via a HDMI cables - and it works fine  ?

Cheers

The PS4 is certified Spotify Connect device and works great, via HDMI. What do you mean it has issues via HDMI? I don't quite understand.

I would prefer not to have to have the PS4 powered on just for Spotify as it seems a total waste when the TV has a Spotify app (Allegedly).

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

Hi,

I just meant that it plays ok via the PS4 on the same TV that has issues via the Spotify app..

Yes, agree - it's a total waste using the PS4 for just Spotify when it should work perfectly on an app provided with the TV..

But I'll give the PS4 a try, so Thanks for the idea of this option..

:clap:

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Actually, the Sony TV is still listed, just not under TVs, its under "Smart TVs & Streamers". Point Spotify Support here and see what they say.

https://spotify-everywhere.com/collections/tv/products/sony-bravia-tv

Yeh, the PS4 works fine.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Do you have a link you used to contact Spotify directly?

I'll try I think.

profile.country.GB.title
Redeye66

I opened a live 'chat' with someone on the Spotify website - probably in the Support or Help section - I'll see if I can find the page & get back to you..

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Ok thanks trying the Twitter Support route at the moment to see if I get any joy.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Spotify twitter support have been trying to help me out, even getting me to try a test account. Same issue with the test account. Playback worked for 9 tracks, then stopped. Phone thought it was still working. TV stuck on last track. Only way to get playback working was to switch the device from Spotify Connect to Google Cast.