Join now - be part of our community!

Setting up Sky Q UHD on Sony KD75XD9405 issue

SOLVED
Richlaw245
Explorer

Setting up Sky Q UHD on Sony KD75XD9405 issue

Been trying to setup the Sky Q UHD on my Sony KD75XD9405 TV, but seem to get the black screen on telly before it reverts back to 1080P.

Also tried setting it from Sky Cinema, UHD films by pressing the Red button, which states you can watch it in either 10-bit or 8-bit Colour, but neither are working. 

HDMI cable is a brand new one.

I have also set the HDMI port on the TV to enhanced.

Does anyone know if this TV is compatible?  I hope so as it's brand new and wasnt cheap as you know :worried:

Or does anybody know how to fix?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richlaw245
Explorer

So it turns out it was the HDMI cable... :rolling_eyes:

It seems that the cable I bought from Craplins, which seemed compatible according to their specifications and cost £59, is not as good as the IBRA one I purchased from Amazon for £14.

At least it has resolved this issue, I now have the well reported picture judder!

Thanks to all those who responded. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SonySPTV
New

Hello

Had the same problem when i tired to connect last week. I changed the HDMI cable directly to the TV rather than via the sound bar, repeated set up and it worked. I then returned the cable from SkyQ to the sound bar and it still worked.

ready for 4K now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In addition to what SonySPTV says above, ensure that your HDMI cable is 'high speed'.  See this Sony article:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/84291/

Cheers

Richlaw245
Explorer

Hi,

Lucky you! :tongue:

My Sky Q box is connected directly to the TV, and then digital optical audio out to my Sonos sound bar.

I have tried swapping the HDMI cable onto different ports on the telly and ensuring port is set to enhanced and even tried standard.

Richlaw245
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have checked the cable, which is the same one I am streaming 4k from my laptop, and believe it fits into the correct requirements.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-thin-hdmi-cable-5m-a79nt

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, the cable meets the requirements - 'ultra high speed' and '18Gbps'

So the hdmi cable theory is out.  Set the specific HDMI port to 'Enhanced'.  Bare in mind there is an issue at the moment with juddering at 2160p on Sony Android based TVs which is yet to be fixed.  See. HERE

Are the settings correct on the Sky Q Silver box?

Do you have the latest firmware installed on both the TV and the box?

Your TV is compatible though, to answer your original question.

Richlaw245
Explorer

Have ensured I updated both the TV firmware and also done the Sky Q box (twice).

Software on Sky Q is 4lpnhsw

Picture resolution is set to 1080P

Dont think there is much else I can set on the Sky box.

TV software fully updated and have done a full powerdown for changes to take effect.

HDMI port is set to enhanced.

Anything else you think I need changing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richlaw245 wrote:

Picture resolution is set to 1080P

Shouldnt this be set to 2160p?  unless your saying that its reverting back to that resolution upon a few seconds of black screen, as in your original post?

Richlaw245
Explorer

Yep it is doing exactly that.

Black screen when selecting 2160P, and also tried changing it when selecting one of the UHD films in Sky Cinema. It checks to see if it can accept 8-bit or 10-bit and again black screen of 'Not impressed'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I fully understand your problem :slight_smile:

But how to help you is another matter.  Im still fixated on the HDMI cable though, as its the only really logical explaination. I know you can stream 4K content using your laptop, however from my undersranding the Sky Q Silver box comes with a high speed cable.  Are you able to test using this - it would either confirm or rule out a HDMI cable fault.  From my experience and time on this forum it is certainly not uncommon to have a faulty hdmi cable

Other than that, im not too sure on what else to suggest.